January 2011 Moms

Is this right?

I just read in one of my pregnancy books that at 38 weeks, your boobs are about as big as they'll get (even through nursing).

I thought that your boobs usually grew quite a bit when your milk comes in?

image  image
Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3

Re: Is this right?

• the lactation consultant at my hospital told us in a class that they would get bigger as the milk comes in
  • For me, they never got bigger, they just got fuller. I'm exclusively formula feeding, so I'm just waiting for this milk to dry up, but for me they were just fuller and rounder. No new bra needed.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemchupie:

I just read in one of my pregnancy books that at 38 weeks, your boobs are about as big as they'll get (even through nursing).

I thought that your boobs usually grew quite a bit when your milk comes in?

Yea this was in the Gerber or something similar e-letter email on the 38 week notes. They were like purchase a few nursing bras right now as your boobs will be this size for as long as you plan to nurse... I thought that it would be great if mine stayed this size lol

• My boobs got HUGE! when my milk came in.  I mean DH stopped and looked and me that morning said something like "Holy cow look at your boobs!"  I was wearing a baggy t-shirt and he could tell they grew.  My SIL got huge boobs too after having her second.  We all witnessed it since she had her second a week before we went to the beach.  While at the beach she had to go out and buy a brand new swimsuit because her boobs grew so much at the beach as her milk came in.
  • Mine have barely grown at all this entire pregnancy, I was really hoping for some extra boobage :(
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • They really only get harder/fuller.  When you get engorged they do get a little bigger but that is usually relieved right away by feeding or pumping.
    Allison Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"