North Carolina Babies

Christmas Menu

What is on yours?

It is becoming more and more clear that we should not travel this year.  The final straw is a sick husband and little boy with a double ear infection.  Yuck.  I just don't think it will be enjoyable at all.  So, I am planning an impromtu dinner and breakfast. 

My sweet boy :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Christmas Menu

• We are doing simple this year.  Pot roast, with mashed potatoes, green beans, pineapple casserole, rolls. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our family Christmas centers around Jesus, food and presents, lol. So Thurs night we have our big fancy Christmas dinner of filet, potatoes au gratin and asparagus (and cocktails!). Then Friday night we go to the early service at church, and then come home and do a three course fondue meal of cheese, meat and chocolate (and cocktails!). Then Saturday morning we'll have hot chocolate, cheese grits, bacon and cinnamon rolls and later Saturday afternoon we'll have hot dogs, hamburgers, french fries and milkshakes.

Man I love Christmas!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejenhum:

Our family Christmas centers around Jesus, food and presents, lol. So Thurs night we have our big fancy Christmas dinner of filet, potatoes au gratin and asparagus (and cocktails!). Then Friday night we go to the early service at church, and then come home and do a three course fondue meal of cheese, meat and chocolate (and cocktails!). Then Saturday morning we'll have hot chocolate, cheese grits, bacon and cinnamon rolls and later Saturday afternoon we'll have hot dogs, hamburgers, french fries and milkshakes.

Man I love Christmas!

I think I am just going to crash your celebrations! That sounds wonderful!
    My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Im hosting this year and practically doing it all. Its my first year and this is what Ive planned. Cmas Eve is tradition of DH and I to have homemade pizza, and then a traditional quiche bfast on Cmas morning, which MIL also does. But dinner I planned out.

Christmas EVE                                                                                              Pizza                                                                                 
    Salad                                                                                                             
    Bake Cookies with the Boys - Sugar

Christmas Morning
    Quiche
    Cinnamon Rolls
    Fresh Fruit & Apple Dip
    OJ & Champagne

Christmas Dinner
    Ham
    Rolls
    Twice Baked Pot Casserole
    Deviled Eggs
    Mac & Cheese
    Brussel Sprouts
    Broc Casserole
    Swt Pot Casserole
    Skillet Corn
    Apple Pie
    Snickers Pie

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We do the same thing every year, so it's always easy knowing what we are going to have!  And like Jenny - we center everything around church, food and gifts!

Christmas Eve - appetizers and drinks in the afternoon while opening gifts.  Then, we go to church

Christmas Dinner - Filets, Beecher's Mac & Cheese, Asparagus & Green Pea Casserole, yeast rolls and Ina Garten's Raspberry Cheesecake

Christmas Brunch - Creme Brulee French Toast Casserole, Paula Deen's Garlic Cheese Grits, Sausage & Egg Casserole, fruit, coffee and mimosas.

Christmas Lunch - Potluck/Heavy Apps at my ILs.  We are bringing a spinach and artichoke dip.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"