January 2011 Moms

38 week appointment

I was so hoping I would be a little dilated.  A centimeter or two.  That's all I was hoping for.  But it's closed tight.

I still have two weeks until my due date.  And I really want her to cook as long as she needs.  But I still feel a little disappointed that there aren't more signs of her arrival.  

Thanks for listening

Re: 38 week appointment

• I'm feeling anxious too and I haven't even had a pelvic exam yet. I'm just really excited!
  • A lot of women don't dilate weeks before hand.  Some go from 0 to 10 all in one day.  Don't worry about it until you reach 40 weeks. 
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Loading the player...
  • I had my daughter at 38 weeks and 2 days and at 38 weeks had no progress...it's not a sure thing...hang in there!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • oh and the morning I did go into labor I was only a fingertip dilated when they checked me into the hospital
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm the opposite, I have my 38 week appointment tomorrow and the dr is going to do an internal and I am praying I'm closed up tight.  I really want to make it to the New Year and I am very nervous that I am going to end up having a Christmas baby.
    image image image
  • imagemanderdoll:
    I'm the opposite, I have my 38 week appointment tomorrow and the dr is going to do an internal and I am praying I'm closed up tight.  I really want to make it to the New Year and I am very nervous that I am going to end up having a Christmas baby.

Some women walk around for weeks while somewhat dilated and effaced.  I'm not really hoping for a Christmas baby either. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"