LGBT Parenting

Sperm!

I have never been so happy to have vials of sperm waiting for us. I told my parents about the prices at CCB going up and how I really didn't want to wait until the new year to purchase. So they purchased it for us!! I was shocked!!! I know a lot of it has to do with my mom who was recently diagnosed with cirrhosis. She always said she wanted to be there for me when I got pregnant and had a baby! They are as eager as I am. Her stories of using a turkey baster to get me pregnant will soon be a reality!

I haven't told my wife yet. My plan is to surprise her on christmas with a copy of the purchase and a baby themed christmas ornament wrapped up! My thought is that she will be surprised and a little nervous. Talking about the sperm is one thing, having the sperm in storage is another!

Yay!!! What a Christmas present!!!

May 2005-Diagnosed with Stage 3-4 Endo and PCOS July 2009-HSG Normal April 2011-1st RE Appt Prescribed Metformin + Baby Aspirin AMH and Androgen Panel Ordered May 2011-Repeat HSG-Normal July 2011-IUI #1 Monitored Cycle: Metformin+100mg Clomid+Follistim+HCG Trigger+Prometrium+Estrace = BFN August 2011-IUI#2 Monitored Cycle: Metformin 1500mg + Follistim +Ovidrel = Canceled-Too Many Follicles-Cyst Aspiration October 2011-IUI #2: Monitored Cycle: Metformin + Follistim + Lupron + Dexamethasone + Ovidrel = BFN November 2011: Time off due to OHSS December 2011: IVF #1: Mini/Modified IVF: Follistim + Menopur + Lupron + Dexamethasone = BFP + Severe OHSS Beta 1: 170 Beta 2: 332 Beta 3: 1316 Twins!!! Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Sperm!

• Yay!!! This is the best Christmas gift, ever!!  How absolutely wonderful!!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Very exciting, but that fact that your mom purchased it for you is making me chuckle a little.  Hopefully it works and you'll have a great story when your child says "where did I come from?" ;-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes, it is 2True! Whenever our child ask that question, the response will be "From a bunch of people that love you and knew you would be everything and more!."
    May 2005-Diagnosed with Stage 3-4 Endo and PCOS July 2009-HSG Normal April 2011-1st RE Appt Prescribed Metformin + Baby Aspirin AMH and Androgen Panel Ordered May 2011-Repeat HSG-Normal July 2011-IUI #1 Monitored Cycle: Metformin+100mg Clomid+Follistim+HCG Trigger+Prometrium+Estrace = BFN August 2011-IUI#2 Monitored Cycle: Metformin 1500mg + Follistim +Ovidrel = Canceled-Too Many Follicles-Cyst Aspiration October 2011-IUI #2: Monitored Cycle: Metformin + Follistim + Lupron + Dexamethasone + Ovidrel = BFN November 2011: Time off due to OHSS December 2011: IVF #1: Mini/Modified IVF: Follistim + Menopur + Lupron + Dexamethasone = BFP + Severe OHSS Beta 1: 170 Beta 2: 332 Beta 3: 1316 Twins!!! Pregnancy Ticker
  • That is wonderful! I owed my aunt $25 and when I went to give it to her she told me to buy a couple sperm with it ;) My family is weird.
  • Funny BGG!
  • That is such a great gift. Yay!
    DW & I (yes, we're lesbians!) are using anonymous donor sperm and IUI TTC#1! Diagnosed with pituitary adenoma at age 16 2009: Extensive testing to find reason for irregular periods & rule out uterine cancer 10/2010: Dx possible PCOS / No Ovulation / Retroverted Uterus IUI #1 on 11/10/10 (50mg Clomid + Ovidrel trigger + Anonymous Donor Sperm) = BFN IUI #2 on 12/15/10 (50mg Clomid + Ovidrel trigger + Anonymous Donor Sperm) = BFP!!! Beta #1 = 75 (12dpiui) Beta #2 = 158 (14dpiui) Beta #3 = 333 (15dpiui) Beta #4 = 2,517 (19dpiui) First OB appointment and u/s 1/25/10 EDD: 9/7/11 BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"