Parenting after 35
Options

To FF mommies

I am wanting to see if my hunch is right.  When Michael went from strict boob to supplementing with formula, I used any old kind of formula: Similac, Enfamil, store brand etc and the changes never seemed to faze him.  I finally settled on the Sam's Club brand.  We were running low last week and when I went shopping locally (because the closest Sam's is 45 minutes away) I grabbed a can of the store brand which Michael had had before and started using it at home on Thursday.  For the past 4 nights, Michael has woken up crying two hours after he went to sleep.  This is not like him.  He usually wakes up in the middle of the night for his feeding by cooing at first and then will "yell" if we do not move fast enough.  He vacuums down 8 ounces and is usually asleep in 30 minutes or less.  He has also pooped his brains out the last three days.  Sunday afternoon it was up past his armpits.  (Tim had to change that one and is still having a trauma response, constantly smelling baby poop.)  I am thinking that the formula change is now upsetting his tummy and causing gas pains.  His little legs will get stiff and he can not lay still when he is trying to go to sleep.  Tim was at Sam's Monday and picked up two cans but I did not think that this might be the cause until after we had used the entire store brand can.  Thanks for the input. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: To FF mommies

• Options
    F was only FF from Day 1. We were told that to switch brands you have to do it gradually or it will upset their tummy. We actually never switched the whole year so I have no personal experince with it. Hopefully he gets back to normal for you!
  • Options

I only switched once, and I did it gradually as well. When Sydney had gas pains, she would pull her legs up. Not really stiffen them.

Hope he feels better soon. Poop up to his pits, huh? That doesn't sound fun for anyone!

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I made the same mistake once and poor Rachel had such bad squirty poops and gas. I felt so bad. She was pulling up her legs and tooting constantly. So I just switched her right back to the formula that I was using before.
  • Options
    Yep... C's always been a FF baby and the one thing our pedi told us was not to play "formula roulette."   If you do need to switch, do it gradually.
  • Options
    I thought FF meant "forward facing"...haha, shows how little I know about formula!  (S wouldn't touch the stuff even if he was starving!)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"