Baby Showers

Baby shower games

I need ideas of what games to play for my baby shower im so excited, its in three weeks :)

Its a Boy:) 32 Weeks 

Re: Baby shower games

• The baby food tasting game is always fun.  I've played that one at several showers I went to.  Also, a shower for a friend of mine did puff paint/marker onsies.  She bought a bunch of them and had puff paint and fabric markers for everyone to create one for her son.  They turned out really cute.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't care for the melted candy bar one or the baby food tasting one.  More my style is the one where small and common baby items (i.e. pacifiers, gas drops, bottles, etc.) are all wrapped in opaque paper and guests have to guess what they are just by feeling/shaking them.  The person who has the most guesses correct wins a prize.  Not embarrassing or gross.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • we had our shower this past sunday and it was fantastic!!! i personally hate shower games, especially the ones where you guess the baby food flavor, smell the chocolate candy in a diaper, or get your clothespin taken away if you say the word "baby," etc. i should also mention that our shower was an all-day, co-ed affair with two parts (friends for lunch, family for dinner), so we definitely kept that in mind when planning.

knowing all of this, our hostess planned three games:

1) guess the baby's birthday - she drew up a huge calendar with dates from january 3 - february 28 (i'm due feburary 20) and for $1, people could bet when the baby would come. the winner will get the cash and i think we collected over $40! we'll see who ends up picking the exact date or else i guess the winner will be whoever is the closest.

2) decorate a onesie or bib - we scoured marshalls/tj maxx/ross stores for 4- or 5-packs of plain white carter's onesies in different sizes and got a 10-pack of plain white bibs from BRU for our guests to decorate. she bought fabric markers and puffy paint from michael's. everyone really enjoyed it and now we have like 30 personalized things for the baby to wear! it was a bit pricey, though. even at marhsalls, the onesie packs were still $9.99, which is better than the carter's store price, but i think it was well worth it. we didn't get many clothes as gifts, surprisingly.

3) name the baby - she put out business-card sized slips of paper and asked people to write down their name suggestions - my husband and i have a name picked out, but we're not telling anyone til the baby comes. it was really funny, we even got a couple ones that were awfully close to the name we have picked. after we opened all the presents, my husband called out all the name suggestions. it was a great way to keep everyone entertained and included.

sorry this was so long, hope it helps!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • At my shower they did a "Price is Right" type game. They put out several baby items (paci, bottle, pack of diapers, baby food, etc) for everyone to see. Then the guests had to guess the cost of each item and add it together. Whoever was closest to the total actual cost without going over, won. Then I got to keep all the goodies.It was funny seeing the older people in attendance guessing so low... you could tell it'd been 20+ years since they've bought that stuff :p
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"