North Dakota Babies

We have a heartbeat!! (long)

Like everything else this was a roller-coaster of emotions, so bear with me for a second.

I went in early this morning and I was a ball of nerves. The doctor did the examination and I explained that I ovulated late and according to my chart I ovulated on CD19, so I should be 6 weeks today. Then he proceeded to do the ultrasound. He found the gestational sac, but nothing else. He looked and look and there was nothing. He said that it could be too early, but that they like to see at least the yolk sac. He said that most likely it implanted, but it didn't developed and I had to go for some bloodwork today and hopefully get the results tomorrow before the Holidays, so I didn't have to wait until after.

As he was taking the ultrasound thing out he moved it backwards and that's when I (and Nick) saw something, and not even a second later he says: "Wait a minute...I think we have it...it's just really back there" Then he said..."Ok erase everything I said before...there it is!" He showed us how the heartbeat was different than anything else palpitating around, he measured it and said that I was right 'cause it measured exactly 6 weeks on the dot, and gave me an appointment for next month. I'm due on August 17th. Oh and he also said that my spotting is coming from my cervix not my uterus and that it will eventually stop, but for now is completely normal.

And without further ado, here is a really bad pic of the little one, 'cause it's so far back that we couldn't get a better one.

image   image
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: We have a heartbeat!! (long)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"