Oregon Babies
Options

Cedar Hills vs Wa Sq Mall Santa?

Trying to decide between which Santa to take my almost 18 month old to. I would guess that the Washington Square Mall Santa's like is about a month long this coming week as compared to the Cedar Hills one.  I can't imagine trying to keep LO in line for over an hour to see Santa.  Has anyone had experiences with either Santa.  Opinions on the Santa and the line?  Opinions on photo cost/quality... all would be appreciated, TIA!

Re: Cedar Hills vs Wa Sq Mall Santa?

• Options
    We did the Cedar Hills Santa last year and will be doing the same thing this year. The line is always shorter, the pictures are just as great and the Santa there is fantastic. I think the one this year is that same one from last year. He looks like the Santa in LO's pic. :) The Santa at the Wash Sq. always looks tired and the line is SO long. Hope that helps! (P.S. Take your own camera if you go to Cedar Hills. They let you take pics with your own camera.)  :)
  • Options
    Just another thought for you.  If you are willing to drive to Loch Lolly Tree farm in North Plains....They have AN AMAZING Santa....best one I have seen.  Plus there is like no line and it is FREE!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We wanted to go to the Washington Square Santa this morning but we were there at 10:15 and the line was already a mile long. Is the Cedar Mill Santa at the mall near Powell's Books? 
  • Options
    Yes Cedar Hills has the Powells. Thanks everyone! Especially for the tip about bringing my own camera!!! Think well check out Cedar Hills tomorrow or Monday!!! Big big thank you!!!
  • Options
    We went to Cedar Hills yesterday but didn't take a pic because there were annoying people in line and didn't feel like waiting. The Santa there is SO cute though! I love the WA Square one and the set up and that's where we went last year, but after seeing the CHs one and knowing you can take your own pics, I will be going there to try to take a pic one more time this year (went to WA Sq and DD screamed) Good luck with yours! Smile
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We've been going to the Cedar Hills one since Evan my first born who is almost 5 was a baby.  This year we got there and we were third in line and they actually started about a 1/2 hour early.  We were done with picture in hand before they were "technically" even open.  It was such a great experience.  We pretty much avoid Washington Square during the holiday season.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

FWIW, we took LO to Cedar Hills today, the line was about an hour long-but it was at 1pm on a Sunday that we went.  (One parent in line said that they had tried Wash Sq yesterday and they got out of line because it was so long-went to lunch and did 3 hours of shopping and when they walked past Santa at the end of their day (nearly 4 hours later) the people that were directly in front of them in line before they left it were STILL IN LINE!)  Cedar Hills Santa was GREAT!  Super positive, super authentic, LO even smiled on his lap.  The helpers were so great too.  FI filmed the whole thing and took great pictures as well as getting a package of pictures.  I will 100% reccomend Cedar Hills Santa and will go back to them for years to come!  

P.S.  Santa took his lunch break at 3!  Just so you can plan your schedules! 

• Options
    We were in line at Cedar Hills yesterday, prob. around 2pm. The line didn't seem very long but it also wasn't moving much. After a while DD had to go potty, so DH stayed in line while I took her. We walked past Santa and she waved at him. When we came back they were counting people to be included before his lunch break, and we just missed the cut-off by 3 kids. So we left and decided we'll try again on a weeknight after work. I loved the setup though and Santa looked great.
  • Options
    And today we had success! We were at Cedar Hills at 5:30pm and there were only a few kids in line. DD had no fear and she chatted with Santa and we took pictures. 
  • Options

Another vote for Cedar Hills Santa!!! They are so nice there, and it was great because they let DD stand near Santa and chat for a while before trying to get a pic with her. When we went in the evening (about 630pm) last week there was no line. Only a few people got in line behind us. They are just so nice, and the set up is just as beautiful as Washington Square, and the Santa is so cute.

:)

• Options

I took some pictures with my own camera and they didn't make a fuss about that at all. Here is what I got:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"