January 2011 Moms

bigger than his age

Had an u/s last week and when I went for my follow-up the doctor said my little guy is the size of a 36 week old rather than his 33 week age.  Yikes, did has this happened to anyone else?

Re: bigger than his age

• I had a similar thing happen. We went in for our 3D u/s with a tech at 32 weeks and apparently she was the size of a 34 week baby.  I mentioned this to my OB on Friday (3 days shy of 34 weeks) and she said, "hmm, we'll probably do another u/s closer to 37 weeks to see how big she is'.  So I'm assuming if your baby seems large they'll do another check to make sure he's not too big.
  • Variation is totally normal. It can be hard to get the right measurements on u/s depending on LO's position, plus babies have natural variations, plus the estimating software in the machines is not perfect. I wouldn't stress. The later the u/s the more off it can be.
  • Loading the player...
  • Vinnie has been measuring 2 weeks ahead for quite some time so I was sent for a growth scan which confirmed he is 2 weeks ahead. I am almost 37 weeks and he is measuring almost 39 weeks. Said he will be about 8+ lbs when he's born

• Just had an ultrasound yesterday and baby is 2 weeks ahead and measuring 7 pounds, so I guess we'll all have healthy chunky chickens together, that's ok I love me some chubby baby!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"