High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Can some one tell me I will be just fine?

Post from last night:  (also I had PTL @ 32wks with DS and delivered at 36wks)

Since Friday I had been having some BH...I thought it was really early...but whatever.  Well I felt pretty yucky since then and today around 11:30 I started having harder BH.  Pretty soon I was having actual contractions every 5min.  They were so painful they took me to my knees.  Thankfully Gma was there (we were to go shopping).  I had contractions every 5 min for 1.5hrs.  I finally called the Dr.  Off to L&D we went.  Contractions showed up on the monitor and I was checked.  No dilation but my cervix was soft.  So after fluids for 2 hrs and rest they started to slow down.  They sent me home with orders for an U/S first thing in the morning to check baby & cervix length.   

Gma has DS tonight and hubby said all I can do tonight is rest.

Update:  

I called first thing this morning to get a u/s to check cervical length.  Got in at 12:30.  The nurse was AWESOME!  She explained everything so clearly.  My cervix is 3.5  (nurse said normal is 4 to 5)   also my placenta is laying over my cervix and I'm beginning to dilate on the inside.  I go back next week to check again.  All we can do now is rest and drink lots of water.  If I have more than 5 contractions an hour I have to go back to L&D again....oh and modified bed rest till next appt....ugh
PRAYERS FOR MASON Image and video hosting by TinyPic Big brother & Little brother Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Can some one tell me I will be just fine?

• Options
    I get weekly transvaginal u/s to check my cervical length and the week of Thanksgiving my cervix had gone from 4 to 3.5, I took it easy and the following week I was back at 4cm. The same thing happened last week, now that it's getting closer to Christmas I am spending more time on my feet. Rest should get you back to where you need to be. They tend to not worry too much unless you drop below 2.5. Since your placenta is laying over your opening cervix, I would be pretty strict on the rest. The last thing you want is any separation to happen, however, I do feel that resting will get you back to where you need to be and in a few more weeks your placenta should move up with your growing uterus. 
  • Options
    Like pp said, Rest! You will be ok. ((HUGS)) :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"