North Carolina Babies
Options

3 days after my due date, I'm strategizing...

...and trying to bargain with a baby in my tummy Embarrassed.

If she is born before 10am tomorrow, I will be home for Christmas, but if I don't go into labor soon, she needs to stay put until Christmas Day--in the evening.

My family is visiting for Christmas.  I told my grandmother that if I'm in the hospital Christmas morning, I would like t hem to wait and not celebrate Christmas until I get home.  I don't want to miss the look on C's face when he comes downstairs and sees all the presents under the tree.  Nana acted like I was being selfish, and commented that it woud kill her and devastate her little grandson.  I explained that he is 4, and he does not know exactly when Christmas is.  If we wait until the 26th and tell him that its Christmas Day, he will have no clue that we changed the day.  She sighed and said we'll cross that bridge when we get to it....

I told DH that if it looks like we are going to miss Christmas morning, he has to come home and 'steal' all the Santa gifts so we can at least see Munchkin open some of his presents.  Am I being a selfish grinch-y momma?

Please say a quick prayer that baby girl doesn't keep us in the hospital Christmas morning, so I don't have to deal with drama.

Thank you for listening, ladies.   I was up half the night worrying over this.

Re: 3 days after my due date, I'm strategizing...

• Options

I would be requesting the very same thing and you are not being unreasonable at all.  Sounds like someone else is to me!  It means so much to see your kids open their gifts!

In fact, Christmas day in our house may very well be Christmas Eve this year if we end up traveling because I want Santa to come to our house before we leave. 

My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i agree w/pp.  i think it sounds like grandma is being selfish!! i would be requesting the same as you.  in fact i don't think you should have to request it at all!  it should be an obvious choice imo.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dude! That's your kid! There is NO way I would want to miss that. He will have NO idea that you bumped the day. It's not like he'll miss out on anything--he'll just be waiting. YOU, on the other hand, will miss out so that is 100% not selfish. That is a perfectly normal and very reasonable request. You may have to break out the Momma Bear attitude and lay down the law. Prayers and lots of labor dust baby comes so this is not even an issue. :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I don't think you're being selfish one bit. I hope your little lady listens to your wishes and stays put until the 26th. :-)

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options
    Definitely not being selfish! Seeing your child's excitement on Christmas "morning" (whenever that might be) is not something that any parent wants to miss, so I think you should definitely go with your plan if your LO arrives before Christmas. Hope everything works out!
  • Options
    you have EVERY right to feel the way you do and want to hold out on Christmas if you are in the hopsital! The age they are at is priceless and its not something you can just do over! I agree that if u are in the hopstial christmas should just be moved back a little! Boo on anyone who feels otherwhise!! But lots of labor dust for your LO to be born by 10am tommorrow or to wait till late christmas night or the 26th to come!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would do the same exact thing you plan on doing. There is no way I would want to miss Christmas morning with my DD, even if it means celebrating it  on a different day. You should do exactly what you want and is best for you, you are the one having a baby :) Best of luck to you!
  • Options
    I don't think you're being unreasonable at all. My sister used to change Christmas around all the time when she'd have to work at the hospital. the kids never knew teh difference. Good luck with Baby Girl!!

Katie, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Zach, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Photo courtesy from the amazing Ever You Photography!

• Options

Thank you all!!  I had a mini-breakdown yesterday, and I think it made Nana realize how important it is to me.

....I still might steal all the Santa gifts just in case she tries to give him a few Stick out tongue

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"