January 2011 Moms

NOTHING fits:(

You seriously know your ready when you've out grown maternity clothes.  I have 2 season appropriate tops left that still cover my bump (which I wear every other day).  Anyone else having this problem?  I hate to go buy anything at this point but I need a few outfits for the festivities this weekend. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NOTHING fits:(

• I'm not really having the problem of nothing fitting but throughout this entire pregnancy I would have to wear the BeBand with my maternity pants because they would never stay up.  This weekend, for the first time, I did not have to wear a BeBand with my maternity pants and they stayed up all on their own.  I have noticed that my shirts are shorter but I wear a tank under them just incase.
  • There are really only a few maternity shirts that cover my belly anymore.  I've been wearing a belly band type thing under shirts just in case it rides up while I'm in public.  No one needs to see my stretch mark covered belly! 

Luckily I can just wear DH's shirts when I'm home all day with DD.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It is slim-pickings at my house!
  • Yep - I'm there. Thank goodness we aren't really doing much this Christmas so I don't need to dress up or anything. I'm living in my lululemon yoga pants (I have two pairs) and a couple of tops that aren't too tight. One thing I did to help with the tops that aren't long enough (which would be all of them at this point) is to cut off the top parts of some older tank tops that I had and just wear them underneath my other top, pulling them down so my bump isn't hanging out. Does that make any sense? I'm tired LOL. Same idea as a bella band or something similar.
    Survived major c-section complications which led to massive blood transfusion, hysterectomy, BSO and pulmonary embolism. Very thankful to be alive to raise my kids! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have no where to go with winter coats.  DH is a very fit guy and his coat barely zips on my.  Soon, I'll just have to layer up his stretchy sweatshirts and fleeces.  I refuse to buy a maternity coat for 2 weeks of use.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • imageizzourclue:
    I have no where to go with winter coats.  DH is a very fit guy and his coat barely zips on my.  Soon, I'll just have to layer up his stretchy sweatshirts and fleeces.  I refuse to buy a maternity coat for 2 weeks of use.
  • I'm rockin' sweats until I go to work after winter break.  I've got 2 weeks of work after that and I am praying stuff still fits.  I refuse to buy anything else at this point.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageizzourclue:
    I have no where to go with winter coats.  DH is a very fit guy and his coat barely zips on my.  Soon, I'll just have to layer up his stretchy sweatshirts and fleeces.  I refuse to buy a maternity coat for 2 weeks of use.

I've been wearing mine unbuttoned and hold the opening as closed as it can be with my arms folded.  It's not the best solution but there's no point in buying a maternity coat now. 

• I have very few shirts to choose from, 1 pair of maternity jeans that fit (the other don't have full panel and are so uncomfortable), I have khakis that I bought w/full panel that I'll wear this weekend, but honestly I'm not trying to impress ANYONE. I'm so uncomfortable right now even my H's XL size sweats make elastic marks on my under belly. Ugh. I refuse to buy anything else though.
  • I wear the same pair of pants every single day. They are full panel jeggings but they don't stay up so I wear them with a BellaBand. Then I wear a rotation of non-maternity tops with a cardigan (the same cardigan every day) over that. I count on my giant scarf to keep me warm. I informed everyone a few weeks ago that I would be wearing this uniform until I deliver--most women are like, "Yeah that happened to me too." My mother swears she only had one maternity dress and wore it every day for the last two months.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I feel your pain!! I am down to 3 sweaters that cover my belly (which I alternate).  And I'm still a few weeks behind you.l  My maternity jeans fit, but they are just kind of uncomfortable now, so I pretty much rock the leggings (with full belly panel) every day.  Best $15 investment ever...and I can't find another pair like them, or I would have bought a few.  I finally had to put them in the wash last night.  None of my tank tops fit and I even bought a size bigger just in case (and I can't believe I didn't think of the band underneath so I don't have to keep pulling them down over the HUGE belly).  You know what I had to wear to work today??  A pink velor sweatsuit.  I look cute and all, but so not professional.  Luckily, I'm working my company's Medicare booth in WalMart.  I pretty much decided since I'm 8 1/2 months pregnant, anyone who has a problem with my outfit can just suck it.  :-)  I doubt anyone cares.

Hang in there!!

• imageizzourclue:

When my coats stopped zipping/buttoning and my belly would get cold, DH said they should invent some type of winter "belly warmer" so you could just wear your coat undone and not freeze!  Haha! Pretty clever I thought :)

• I just wear DH's shirts and even then sometimes they don't cover my belly!

• I was just thinking about this when I got dressed this morning.  I sooo don't feel cute.  I am huge and rotate the same unflattering outfits over and over again.  I want to feel cute again!!!
  • I have just a few things left that fit. It is what it is. At this point I don't even bother to get dressed unless i am leaving the house anyways...it takes too much effort. For the holidays I figure I will just wear what i wore to my shower and thats that.
  • I'm with you. I just went out and bought another $80 worth of stuff to get me through the next month. With DD, it was still summer at the end, so I just wore skirts and tank tops and sundresses... all very comfy and stretchy. This time, jeans are driving me crazy so the only thing both comfy and warm is leggings with long shirts. And Uggs... god bless my Uggs.
  • O I'm soooo on the same boat as you ladies!!!  My pants all fit still but my shirts are all too short.  I have a few tank tops that I wear under them but thats about it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • That's for sure!!!

I'm breaking out parachute panties and some hand-me-down oversized clothes from my mom.

I'm over the lack of fashion I have these days. Ugh! 

• Nothing fits and I refuse to buy more at this point.  I have ONE long sleeved top - plus some tshirts that I have outgrown but continue to wear.  I have ONE pair of jeans that fit.  It's not pretty.
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"