January 2011 Moms
Options

Baby Marley is here! Birth story inside!

Wow is all I can say. I'm exhausted, nothing went as planned or like we thought it would, but she is here and perfectly healthy!  Here is the story: 

I started having contractionsthat made me take notice of them about 9pm December 19.  At 10, I started to time them, and they gotmore intense.  After about an hour and ahalf I decided to call the doctor on call, and she said to head to labor anddelivery.  I got hooked up to themonitors, her heartbeat was good and strong and I was definitely havingcontractions.  We walked around untilabout 3 am and I was put on the monitors once during and then at the end.  I still was only dilated 1 cm and had onlywent from 50% effaced to 60% effaced. She was pushing down and ready to go though!  They decided to keep me and I slept untilabout 6:30- the contractions had basically gone away and there was no cervicalchange, so the doc on call broke my water. That started contractions again and at 7am when my doctor came on call(yay!). I got a doula and we walked, and walked and walked, the contractionswere coming every 2 minutes and were definitely more intense- I was still onlydilated 1 ? cm and just about fully effaced, ugh!  So she started me on a slow pitocin drip totry and get things moving along.  Afterabout 5 or 6 contractions, I was literally hurting so bad it was giving mepanic attacks every time one came on.  Icouldn?t breathe right, I couldn?t relax any muscles, and I knew that I didn?twant my labor to be like that.  I didn?twant to hate the whole experience, and after 3-4 hours on pitocin, I was stillonly 3 cm dilated.  I felt like the painand the tensing of my body was keeping me from progressing, so I called for anepidural.  After an hour on the epiduralI was 6 cm dilated, and at 4pm December 20th, I was completelydilate, completely effaced and ready to start pushing.  I started a 4:30... at about 6:30 it wasdetermined that she was face up and not twisting around, no matter what thedoctor did.  She was right there, but notgoing anywhere.  As much as I was againstit, I was completely exhausted and I trusted my doctor, so we decided to lether use the vacuum.  She would only trythe vacuum a total of 3 times before wheeling me down for a c-section.   The good thing was that her heartbeat was super strong the entire time!  I was literally on the last push of the lastcontraction, using the vacuum the 3rd time, before she sent me to ac-section when she finally twisted and decided she wanted to come out!  I still had to push to get the rest of herbody out once her head was because her shoulders weren?t coming out, but shewas here!  At 7pm, after basicallyscrapping my entire birth plan and a 4th degree tear, Marlynn Ranaidecided to finally make her debut!  Sheis absolutely perfect in every way, beautiful, and we couldn?t possibly loveanything more!

I'm exhausted and can feel the local and the epidural wearing off and I am going to be so sore! 

Re: Baby Marley is here! Birth story inside!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"