North Dakota Babies
Options

Wondering What They Say About Me.

Not really caring, just wondering.

We were at Timm's family Christmas gathering, they do it the week before Christmas since everyone has extended families.  I actually really like it better this way because it is one less person we have to visit on Christmas day. 

Anyway, Timm's cousin has a two year old.  She naps everyday from 12-3.  Mom and dad don't wake her up, even to go to the family Christmas party.  No judgements from me, obviously they know their kid and I am sure there is a reason they do it this way.  But Timm's grandma was like, "they don't wake her up and she doesn't get to eat whipped cream or drink soda.  She isn't allowed to have this or that."  She went on and on, mocking them the whole time.  She usually isn't like that, so I thought it was funny, mean but funny.

But now I wonder what she says to everyone else about me...the CDing, baby food making, mama who won't give her kid soda or eat too much sugar.

Meanwhile, Timm's 4.5 year old neice had two Sprites while we were there.  "But they didn't have caffeine so it is OK to give your kid a little Sprite.  Sugar won't kill them."  says Timm's SIL.

Re: Wondering What They Say About Me.

• Options

You know...you are totally ruining Kiki's life by denying her the best things this world has to offer - highly processed, full of chemical food and drink before the age of 1. How dare you ruin everyone's fun!?

Wink

married 7.3.08 - mc 8.10 - dd 6.4.11 cp 10.13 - bfp 11.13 edd 7.22.13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

OMG, TImm's grandma should really meet my MIL/FIL. We go through this with them all of the time. I always wonder what they say about me as well, so totally know how you feel!

I absolutely love my IL's, this is just my one issue with them -- Always trying to feed Sophia crap that she doesn't need. Soph very rarely has juice, we don't even keep it in the house. She'll get some every so often when we go out to eat. BUT, the IL's babysit Soph quite often and every time we pick her she has a sippy full of juice and MIL is constantly refilling it. Not to mention all the times they've tried to feed her pop, candy, etc.

They also give me crap for still keeping Soph rear-faced -- Why do I "put myself through all that trouble, just turn her around!". 

WHOA, I didn't mean to make this that long! It's a hot button for me :)

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker ashley jordan est. 06.07.08 | siesta key, fl
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

MIL talks sh*t about SIL for having our niece on schedules.  She thinks it's ridic that they do things around Casey's nap time and that both her and Nicholas go to bed at a certain time.  I do the same with Caroline so I'm sure she talks about me, too.  She thinks that kids should be up hanging out if there is company, etc.  Kids like routine, so why mess with it?

• Options

I'm the same type of mom as your IL's - no soda, no chicken nuggets, and I schedule parties around nap time.  Some people openly scorn me, and I'm sure others do it behind my back.  But I let Lil Miss' behavior, health, and general good nature speak for itself.  I doubt I'm doing everything wrong if she turning out so well, you know?

• Options
    imageButterflie6381:

I'm the same type of mom as your IL's - no soda, no chicken nuggets, and I schedule parties around nap time.  Some people openly scorn me, and I'm sure others do it behind my back.  But I let Lil Miss' behavior, health, and general good nature speak for itself.  I doubt I'm doing everything wrong if she turning out so well, you know?

Agreed! I am convinced that B is so happy and easy going because I am the nap Nazi. I would rather people talk about my schedule and the way I feed my kid than what a horror she is.
  • Options

Yea... the sugar won't kill her... but the diabetes might.  Indifferent

One of my foster brothers got diabetes when he was 16.  He was one of those kids who was always drinking soda.  It's sad now because he'll have that the rest of his life and never again be able to drink the sodas he loved so much.

• Options
    imageMrsBlayne:
    imageButterflie6381:

Agreed! I am convinced that B is so happy and easy going because I am the nap Nazi. I would rather people talk about my schedule and the way I feed my kid than what a horror she is.

Totally agreed. 

• Options

I see NOTHING wrong with how you're raising K.  Isn't that how most of us on the board are raising our children? 

I know Brett's family is going to think I'm crazy for being a "paranoid" mom.  I don't care.  I think Blayne has the phrase of the week!  "I would rather people talk about my schedule and the way I feed my kid than what a horror she is."  Right on the money Blayne!

Katy and Brett ~ Runaway Bay, Jamaica ~ October 4, 2008

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options

We definitely try do things around Gavin's schedule too.  When his routine gets messed up he is not a very happy boy.  

Although, he does get juice...no more than 5 oz a day diluted....and he loves chicken nuggets!  Unfortunately he's a very picky eater!  I gotta get him the protein somehow.  Jeff gives him sips of Coke Zero from time to time....I don't agree with him on that.  And he loves sips of his Chai Tea Latte as well.

My mom has her opinions but for the most part just goes along with what we do.  And the IL's are pretty supportive with however we want to raise G.  I guess I feel pretty lucky that we don't have people openly going against what we want to do....have no idea what they say behind our backs though!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"