January 2011 Moms

Greyson is here.

He born on December 17th and he weights 6lbs 110z. I think he is a trooper cause he is 3 weeks early and he didn't have to go to the nicu.

Here is my story.....

Thursday night I felt a strong gush out of my vagina and because of my placenta problems we rushed to the hospital and they monitored me for awhile. They did the amnio check and even a ultrasound. When the doctor did the ultrasound she said that i my water was to break the baby was going to be in serious danger cause his cord was going to come out in front of him. So she decided that since I was still bleeding she would admit me for observation over night. Well me and DH got comftorable in the room that she gave us and we just talked about hoe much i didnt want to be there. We we finally fell asleep at about 4am and the doctor came and woke us at 8am and she said she felt like a c-section as soon as possible would be a good idea instead of risking something happening to the baby and me.

Well around 10am I was being taken to the regular OR not the L&D one and I was so scared. They told me that there was no way I would be able to be up and hear anything. We they wheeled me back to this holding area and then the fun started.

First I had to sign a crap load of papers and I had to talk to every doctor and nurse that was going o be there. They all were super nice.

Second I had to get another iv for when/if they needed to do a blood transfusion, but they couldn't get one in my hand, arm, or foot so they ended up doing one in my neck. Which didn't feel good at all.

Third they took me back to the room for my surgery by this time I was really nervous and freaking out and I couldn't control how I was feeling. They did all the prepping and counting and the horrible cathedral while I was awake because they didn't want the baby to be exposed to the effects of the anesthesia.  Well finally came time for them to put me to sleep.

I woke up in the recovery room and I was so high on all the meds they gave me that I when the nurses told me everything about the baby I didn't remember anything. I had a few complications in my surgery. I lost a lot of blood and they couldn't maintain it. It was beating 150bpm. So that was really scary and that caused me to be the last one to find out about him and to know he was ok. I think it is safe to say I was jealous. When they finally took me to my room they told me that he was perfectly healthy and they would bring him in asap.

I had a very painful birth and I am still in the hospital. Last night I had to receive two bags of blood and I am still on a liquid diet. Hopefully things get better.

Re: Greyson is here.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"