Maryland Babies

DCP Gift

So I lurk on the DC babies board and I noticed that 2 of the girls were giving their DCP $100 for x-mas.  I feel incredibly cheap now because we did gift cards for the 2 main teachers (for less than $100) and are baking something for the rest.  The 2 main teachers are the only consistent ones in the room, the younger helpers seem to rotate and we don't seem all of them every day.  What are you doing and if you feel comfortable sharing how much did you spend?
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: DCP Gift

• I am getting DD's main teacher $100 and I think think I gave her $100 last year too.  Its sort of a graduation present too b/c Ella's been with her for over a year.  I'm not crafty and I'm probably not as thoughtful as I could be - I never bring in coffee or cookies or anything like that - so I try to make up for it w/ cash, kwim?  The teacher is very crafty and thoughtufl and she's always making me cute things from Ella, and I never do any of that kind of stuff. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Um yeah my DS has three teachers and they are each getting $20 gift cards plus a gift basket of baked goods. If that makes me cheap, oh well, I have a ton of kids in my extended family to buy for and I am not using credit cards for gift buying this year.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm doing a $50 gift card and baked goods for DCP.

• Between the full time teachers, the floaters and the office staff I had 12 people at DD's school to buy for, so I ordered Chocolate Covered Twinkies from Oh My Chocolate.  They were $3 each.  I put them in a basket with a card. 

DD's 2 main teachers are also getting a personal card and a $20 gift certificate to the little lunch place down the street from our daycare center. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • OK i have to admit I have been freaking out about this a little.  I finally finished my gifts.  I saw this post and actually got nervous to open it.  I did not want it to change my mind again.  

I was going to do more $$ But a friend that is a teacher convinced me not too.  She said yeah its nice but not necessary and that is what she would think if it were given to her.  I was planning on 50 for the main teacher.  There are floaters and fill ins....

I did a dozed bagels from Panera with cream cheese.  For everyone.  I got his main teacher 25$ Target card with a few things from bath and body.  For the other teacher in the room that just started 2 weeks ago I did 15$ and the same stuff from bath and body (about 5 bucks worth each).  I also am writing a personal card.  I hope its good  

• As a teacher I appreciate every single gift I get at the holidays, big or small. And the personal ones, that cater to something I enjoy, or were made by hand, are the ones I usually like the most! But who doesn't like $$$...

I am also having no problems gaining weight during my pregnancy since I get goodies everyday, and I am loving that too!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"