January 2011 Moms

Had my little girl kinda long with picture

I haven't posted since thursday when i had my not so good biophysical profile. Well my doctor had me go back in that afternoon and admitted me to labor and delivery where i was given low doses of pitocin and hooked up the monitors, my doctor wanted to see how my LO would handle the contractions. I was on that for about 5 hours, and my LO was looking great. My doctor than decided to induce me at 8am the following morning, I was in labor til about 9pm and i was having constant contractions one right on top the other so finally got my epidural which didn't work the first time so had to be done again.

Shortly after i got my epidural babys heartrate went way down and they had me on oxygen. Doctor came in and looked at how the baby was handling my contractions and every time i had one her heartrate was going down and then going back up after the contractions, the epidural had slowed my contractions down. He then told me i had to have a c-section he was calling in a team to help him and that we were going to do this very fast. I then started crying and i felt like it was all my fault because i took the epidural.

They rush me through the halls and start right away and as i was laying there i looked up into the big light above me and i could see everything it was a very disturbing image i did not want to see my stomach open but i could'nt stop watching because i wanted to see her come out safely. Within a few minutes she was out screaming at 10:18 pm 12-17-10. She was 6lbs 8oz. and 20 inches long, which was fairly close to my ultrasound estimate of 6lbs 4oz.

After i finally got back up to my room over an hour later i got to see my LO and was told that the umbilical cord was wrapped around both of her legs and that her head was stuck and that i wouldnt have been able to deliver her normally either way. I felt kind of relieved that it wasnt me picking the epidural that did this and it was just the way it was going to be.

I was in the hospital from thursday afternoon until monday afternoon we both got to come home.She has her first check up today. hoping everything is still going well.

Kirsten Kay Amy

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Had my little girl kinda long with picture

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"