Parenting after 35
Options

Why?! And yes, it's a rhetorical question

Why is the nice soft tissue the most evil thing on the face of the planet, causing instant crying when seen, and yet she's overjoyed to wipe her nose all over my work clothes?!  Well, frankly anyone's shirt. Same motion as I'd use with the tissue...ugh.  What are you favorite "whys?!" these days?

Re: Why?! And yes, it's a rhetorical question

• Options
    Poor Ellie, still got her cold? I use receiving blankets to wipe Simon's nose, they're nice and soft and he doesn't mind. How's your ankle? When do you get the cast off?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Why when you are starving to death do you fling your head from side to side and make me chase your mouth with the spoon and then you look at me reproachfully because it took so long to get the food in your mouth?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemtnrider:
    Poor Ellie, still got her cold? I use receiving blankets to wipe Simon's nose, they're nice and soft and he doesn't mind. How's your ankle? When do you get the cast off?

Lisa - She feels soooo much better than she had, but still has a snotty nose.  I LOVE the idea of the receiving blanket as boogie wipe!!!

Ankle is relatively pain free, but not to be a downer, the consequences of being totally non-weight bearing are...ugh!  We are getting by.  Christmas will be low key - I can't decorate the tree, so it's got lights and Ellie likes that - no cookies or too much fluff.  On the good side, a friend's housekeeper just had two client move/moving out of town, so I left for work today with our floors being vacuumed for the first time since before the surgery!!!!  Big Smile  So it will all work out.

Are you dug out from the weekend snow yet?

• Options

Hey Lisa glad you are pain-free at least!  Hey you can always decorate your cast, get some magic markers, Ellie might have fun with that!  Yay for house cleaners especially during the holidays!  I just bought some Boogie Wipes for S's nose, they are grape-flavored saline wipes, you might try that too.  If they came in cookie dough flavor I'd wipe MY nose with them!  Wink

This weekend was wierd, we got hammered but it was more rain than snow, only a couple feet of snow so digging out was a full time job because of the heavy slush, we call it Sierra Cement.  More snow on the way tomorrow!  You?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

S does the EXACT same thing.  She just sees us go for a tissue and she runs (okay, crawls away).  But she has no problem wiping it on a shirt or (gosh forbid) trying to lick it - ewww!  We did buy her some Boogie Wipes and that seems to help some.  She doesn't mind that as much and will hold still.

My favorite why?  Why is it that you so tired that everything makes you cry, but you fight going to sleep.  You know you need it and you always wake up in a better mood.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"