North Carolina Babies

Random bath, etc. poll

1. How often do you change bath towels and/or washcloths for DC?

2. Do you rinse DC with the same bath water you wash them in, or drain it, then rinse with fresh water?

3. Do you reuse PJ's for multiple nights, or use a fresh pair each night?

4. How often do you brush LO's teeth?

5. How often do you give LO a bath?

6. How often do you wash his/her hair? 

ETA: 7. do you air dry or blow dry your LO's hair?

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

Re: Random bath, etc. poll

• 1. How often do you change bath towels and/or washcloths for DC? Wash cloths--every day, towel--once a week.

2. Do you rinse DC with the same bath water you wash them in, or drain it, then rinse with fresh water? The same water. And it occurred to me that maybe that's gross. LOL. She's never filthy though, since we bathe her daily.

3. Do you reuse PJ's for multiple nights, or use a fresh pair each night? usually new ones each night. She usually gets at least a little food on them at breakfast.

4. How often do you brush LO's teeth? once a day, at night after bathtime--sometimes she "brushes them herself" in the mornings too (AKA gnaws & sucks on the toothbrush).

5. How often do you give LO a bath? typically every day--we'll skip occasionally, but she likes her bath, so she usually requests it.

6. How often do you wash his/her hair? typically at every bath. sometimes I'll just wet it and not use shampoo.

ETA: 7. we blow dry DD's hair.. we did it a few times just for fun, now it's a requirement. hehe. I love how smooth & soft it makes her hair, plus it takes like 2 minutes, so I don't mind.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• 1. How often do you change bath towels and/or washcloths for DC? Towel - every few baths. I normally don't use a washcloth, just my hands or a sponge.

2. Do you rinse DC with the same bath water you wash them in, or drain it, then rinse with fresh water? We have a bathtub that continuously keeps the water flowing, so the dirty water rinses away

3. Do you reuse PJ's for multiple nights, or use a fresh pair each night? She's been wearing the onesies with the feet during the day so we just keep her in it at night, then put a new outfit on the next morning.

4. How often do you brush LO's teeth? n/a

5. How often do you give LO a bath? I am so bad at this. I try for every other day, but it usually ends up being 2x a week. But I mean, she's just laying around all day, It's not like she's getting dirty.

6. How often do you wash his/her hair? Everytime we give a bath

ETA 7: She only has a peach fuzz that I dry off with the towel. ;)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. How often do you change bath towels and/or washcloths for DC?

Washcloths everyday, towels every other day

2. Do you rinse DC with the same bath water you wash them in, or drain it, then rinse with fresh water?

use same water

3. Do you reuse PJ's for multiple nights, or use a fresh pair each night? fresh pair every night

5. How often do you give LO a bath? every other day

6. How often do you wash his/her hair? every day

ETA: 7. do you air dry or blow dry your LO's hair? air dry he hardly has hair :(

Photobucket AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • 1. How often do you change bath towels and/or washcloths for DC? Once a week.

2. Do you rinse DC with the same bath water you wash them in, or drain it, then rinse with fresh water? I rinse her hair with fresh water, but I don't drain the dirty water.

3. Do you reuse PJ's for multiple nights, or use a fresh pair each night? She usually wears them for 2 nights, unless we stay in pj's all day. She is obsessed with bibs for some reason, so she always has a bib on for breakfast.

4. How often do you brush LO's teeth? Usually twice a day- after breakfast and before bed.

5. How often do you give LO a bath? Every day during the summer, sometimes we skip a day in the winter b/c she has super dry skin.

6. How often do you wash his/her hair? Every time she has a bath.

7. Do you air dry or blow dry your LO's hair? Usually air dry, but if her hair is still wet at bedtime or if it's wet and we need to leave the house, I blow dry it. She doesn't hate it, but she's not a huge fan either.

• 1. How often do you change bath towels and/or washcloths for DC?  About every 3 days.

2. Do you rinse DC with the same bath water you wash them in, or drain it, then rinse with fresh water?  Same water, unless we use bubble (Vapor Bath), then new water.

3. Do you reuse PJ's for multiple nights, or use a fresh pair each night?  New pjs every night.

4. How often do you brush LO's teeth?  Every night after bath.

5. How often do you give LO a bath?  Every night.

6. How often do you wash his/her hair?  Every night.

ETA: 7. do you air dry or blow dry your LO's hair?  Air dry.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrs.Gale920:

I wouldn't say n/a.  I started brushing Allie's "teeth" when she was 4 months old.  She didn't have any teeth.  I would brush her gums to get her used to it.  It helped I think... she loves getting her teeth brushed!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. How often do you change bath towels and/or washcloths for DC?
    I do both weekly. Sunday is sheets and towels day.

Same. I never even thought about it.

3. Do you reuse PJ's for multiple nights, or use a fresh pair each night?
    Sometimes I'll get 2 nights out of a pair. If there is a leak or she is sick I change them nightly.

4. How often do you brush LO's teeth?
    Almost nightly. If we have a major bath meltdown I skip it.

5. How often do you give LO a bath?
    Nightly.

6. How often do you wash his/her hair?
    Nightly.

ETA: 7. do you air dry or blow dry your LO's hair?
    Air dry. But I can see blow drying it in a few months. She has a lot of hair.

PortraitBabyFruit Ticker
  • imagejenhum:

1. How often do you change bath towels and/or washcloths for DC? Once a week.

2. Do you rinse DC with the same bath water you wash them in, or drain it, then rinse with fresh water? I rinse her hair with fresh water, but I don't drain the dirty water.

3. Do you reuse PJ's for multiple nights, or use a fresh pair each night? She usually wears them for 2 nights, unless we stay in pj's all day. She is obsessed with bibs for some reason, so she always has a bib on for breakfast.

4. How often do you brush LO's teeth? Usually twice a day- after breakfast and before bed.

5. How often do you give LO a bath? Every day during the summer, sometimes we skip a day in the winter b/c she has super dry skin.

6. How often do you wash his/her hair? Every time she has a bath.

7. Do you air dry or blow dry your LO's hair? Usually air dry, but if her hair is still wet at bedtime or if it's wet and we need to leave the house, I blow dry it. She doesn't hate it, but she's not a huge fan either.

I'm just copying Jen because this is exactly what we do except we don't use a washcloth, I could have written this word for word!

• 1. How often do you change bath towels and/or washcloths for DC? Towel 1x/week washcloth every time.

2. Do you rinse DC with the same bath water you wash them in, or drain it, then rinse with fresh water? Fresh for his head and then rinse in bath water.

3. Do you reuse PJ's for multiple nights, or use a fresh pair each night? Fresh pair each night.

4. How often do you brush LO's teeth? Every night before bed.

5. How often do you give LO a bath? Every other day unless he is really dirty.

6. How often do you wash his/her hair? Every time he has a bath.

7. do you air dry or blow dry your LO's hair? Air dry. It is usally dry before I can even get him dressed after the bath. lol

• 1. How often do you change bath towels and/or washcloths for DC? towels about every 3 days. no washcloths used.

2. Do you rinse DC with the same bath water you wash them in, or drain it, then rinse with fresh water? DH hates that I use bath water so we usually use fresh water to rinse Nic off.

3. Do you reuse PJ's for multiple nights, or use a fresh pair each night? I've been using the same two fleece pj's in one week and then washing them in the weekend.  But when it was warmer, I would alternate pj's every other day.

4. How often do you brush LO's teeth? once before bed.

5. How often do you give LO a bath? every night, it is part of our bedtime routine.

6. How often do you wash his/her hair? everyday.

ETA: 7. do you air dry or blow dry your LO's hair? We don't blow dry it but I've thought about it.  He has so much hair but falls asleep easily with wet hair. 

• 1. How often do you change bath towels and/or washcloths for DC? both get switched out every other bath or so right now. Baby towels are so thin.

2. Do you rinse DC with the same bath water you wash them in, or drain it, then rinse with fresh water? Gummi Bear showers with me, so n/a

3. Do you reuse PJ's for multiple nights, or use a fresh pair each night? right now, we're reusing for about two nights. It's too chilly and we don't have enough of the union suits to go through between loads if we don't. Her sleep gowns she just hikes up, then freezes, then wakes up crying.

4. How often do you brush LO's teeth? When I remember to do it...which isn't often enough. I'm trying to get her in the shower, since I've got a clean washcloth with me at that point.

5. How often do you give LO a bath? Every night, just about

6. How often do you wash his/her hair? with every shower.

ETA: 7. do you air dry or blow dry your LO's hair? air dry post towel rub-down, it's still rather whispy

Rae Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. How often do you change bath towels and/or washcloths for DC? Every bath

2. Do you rinse DC with the same bath water you wash them in, or drain it, then rinse with fresh water? same water

3. Do you reuse PJ's for multiple nights, or use a fresh pair each night? he wears the same PJ's for 2 nights usually.

4. How often do you brush LO's teeth? every night and we're trying to get on the every morning routine also.

5. How often do you give LO a bath? every other night in the winter.  every night in the summer.

6. How often do you wash his/her hair? every bath time

7. do you air dry or blow dry your LO's hair? always air dry unless we're going somewhere right away and it's super cold out, then I'll blowdry.  That's a chore because he's kinda scared of the dryer.

image Connor Reeves - July 4, 2007 Naomi Raye - January 26, 2011
  • 1. How often do you change bath towels and/or washcloths for DC? About once a week

2. Do you rinse DC with the same bath water you wash them in, or drain it, then rinse with fresh water? same water

3. Do you reuse PJ's for multiple nights, or use a fresh pair each night? reuse for multiple nights, usually 4 nights or so

4. How often do you brush LO's teeth?  once a day, at night after bath

5. How often do you give LO a bath? everyday, but we often skip a night if we're out late or something.  I only recently started bathing him every night, it was every 2-3 nights until this summer

6. How often do you wash his/her hair? with every bath

ETA: 7. do you air dry or blow dry your LO's hair? air dry

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 1. How often do you change bath towels and/or washcloths for DC? Usually just once a week, but I have separate washcloths for face and body.

2. Do you rinse DC with the same bath water you wash them in, or drain it, then rinse with fresh water? Some old water, some new. I drain the tub as I rinse her with clean water, so she ends up getting rinsed with the "dirty" water. (Although, it's never that dirty.) 

3. Do you reuse PJ's for multiple nights, or use a fresh pair each night? We use PJ's for 3-4 nights. She doesn't get them dirty.

4. How often do you brush LO's teeth? No teeth yet!

5. How often do you give LO a bath? Every other day.

6. How often do you wash his/her hair? Every other day.

7. do you air dry or blow dry your LO's hair? Usually air dry, but sometimes blow dry because she laughs at the hair dryer!

• 1. How often do you change bath towels and/or washcloths for DC?  New towel and washcloth each night, although I hadn't thought of hanging them up to dry like we do ours.  Might change this.

2. Do you rinse DC with the same bath water you wash them in, or drain it, then rinse with fresh water?  Same water but then again, when I take a bath on the rare occassions that I do, I've not thought of filling a bathtub with water and then using more water to rinse off.

3. Do you reuse PJ's for multiple nights, or use a fresh pair each night?  New pjs each night

4. How often do you brush LO's teeth?  Twice a day for Natalie, not brushing Claire's yet but plan to start daily once I get to the store to buy her a toothbrush.

5. How often do you give LO a bath?  Nightly

6. How often do you wash his/her hair?  Nightly

7. do you air dry or blow dry your LO's hair?  Air dry both.  I hadn't yet thought about blow drying Natalie's hair.  I like how wavey/curly it is when it air dries.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 1. How often do you change bath towels and/or washcloths for DC? Wash cloths every night, clean towel whenever we do laundry, every 4-5 days or so.

2. Do you rinse DC with the same bath water you wash them in, or drain it, then rinse with fresh water? Same bath water.

3. Do you reuse PJ's for multiple nights, or use a fresh pair each night? Usually a fresh pair every night.  He eats breakfast in his jammies usually, and they get messy.

4. How often do you brush LO's teeth? Every night.  Sometimes in the morning.  Need to work on making it every morning too, but it's just not part of the routine yet.

5. How often do you give LO a bath? Every night.

6. How often do you wash his/her hair? Every 2-3 days.

ETA: 7. do you air dry or blow dry your LO's hair? Air dry, although if he showers with me in the morning, he loves if I give him a blow dry while I'm drying mine LOL!

Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"