North Dakota Babies
Options

S/o teeth, Oh Dani.....

So since I'm not ktfu anymore, I was planning on teeth whitening before Christmas, I love to have my dentist do it, but I have no time left, I've used the target brand before, but I might try something different this time- are there any you think I should avoid? (like make my teeth turn purple or something)

K+S 9.18.9 | DD #1 age 2 | PG # 5 EDD 9.17.12

Re: S/o teeth, Oh Dani.....

• Options
    Hmmm, I don't know a whole lot about individual OTC brands, but all of them should be safe.  Here are the main things I would look for.  You want to make sure that whatever you're using fits well so that the bleach is not resting on the gum tissue.  You want to make sure that it goes as far back as you can see when you smile (I know Crest just recently made their whitestrips longer for this purpose).  Compare the % between brands, & go with the highest.  They will either be Carbamide Peroxide or Hydrogen Peroxide.  Hydrogen Peroxide will be about 1/3% of Carbamide (i.e. 7% HP is the same strength as 21% CP) for comparison purposes.  You should be pretty safe with anything you find--the effectiveness will be the biggest difference, & that will be determined by the %/concentration of the solution.  HTH!
  • Options
    Thank you so much, I really appreciate all that info- I honestly thought they were all pretty much the same.

K+S 9.18.9 | DD #1 age 2 | PG # 5 EDD 9.17.12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"