January 2011 Moms

L&D trip #1

So on Sunday morning (1am) to be exact, I felt super swollen, nausea, vomiting, contractions and dizzy and lightheaded.  My doctor said that if I was lightheaded and dizzy to call L&D and see if I needed to go in, and I did...and they wanted me to come in.  My hospital is about 45 minutes away, but since it was so early in the morning we got there in about 25.  My husband and mom came with me, and by the time we got there I was having more contractions.  They took me up to L&D, made me put on a gown that made me feel SO disgusting, and hooked me up to the monitors.  They took my blood pressure every 15 minutes, and it steadily got higher as I was there.  The midwife checked my cervix, and I wasn't dilated, and the nurse said my contractions weren't strong enough to be productive.  After running some tests, they said I had too much protein in my urine, so they sent me home with a giant jug to do a 24 hour urine collection. 

The husband was happy that we went home empty handed, but my mom wasn't.  I was happy at first, because I was scared to death, but now...OMG.  I'm SO freakin' ready to have this baby!  I have an appointment tomorrow to find out if I'll need to be induced early, and I'm really hoping that I will be.  I don't know how much longer I can do this.  It's getting harder and more uncomfortable as the days go by, and my husband is ready for me to stop complaining, hahaha.  

Oh well.  We'll see how things go tomorrow.

Re: L&D trip #1

• Wow! What a trip! Some times I think I am the only one that isn't experiencing anything. I haven't had any cramps, contractions, BH, no back aches...nothing. My doctor says he will induce me next week if I "want" as there is no medical reason. I dont "feel" like I'm at the end of my rope with everything...but it would be nice to meet my little girl.

Good luck with everything!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Glad everything is ok.  Most of us have done a dry run to L&D by now.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Loading the player...
  • Ya, my friend told me she went 3 times before she had her baby.  I'm hoping that I don't have another dry run and that the next time I'll be going home with a baby, hahaha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"