January 2011 Moms

Officially done with being pregnant

I broke down tonight and started crying because I'm SO done with being pregnant. I'm tired of being tired, having trouble going up and down stairs, heartburn, trying to get in and out of bed, random cramps that lead to nothing and having stupid pregnancy conversations with others.

This last one drives me nuts, especially at this time of the year because there are a million and one gatherings so everyone asks. Then they compare me to their 5th cousin 7 times removed who was pregnant at Christmas 17 years ago and blah, blah, blah. I hate being asked "Are you ready for him to come?" No, I want to be like an elephant and have a gestational period of 2 years. Yes I'm ready. Do you not see my dragging my sorry butt around to the bathroom 3 times during a 3 hour lunch? I'm also sick of the "keep your legs closed until Jan 1st" that I hear a lot because our school system goes from Dec. to Dec. so they are concerned that he is going to be the youngest in the class. Does it really matter? I'm a friggin' teacher! I can get him caught up if necessary. Maybe if I just sit in the house for the next 17 days people will leave me alone and I won't get asked stupid questions anymore.

Alright...sorry for my rant.

Re: Officially done with being pregnant

• Could be any day now, but staying inside and away from annoying people for 17 days sounds like a plan to me.  Why is anyone even thinking about how old he's going to be compared to the rest of his class?  That's just stupid. 
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Hang in there!  Are you done hearing that, too???  :-)  Well, it won't be too much longer now, but I'm kind of done, too.  And if I hear "are you sure you aren't having twins?" one more time, coupled with "are you positive?" once I say, "no, just one", I'll probably strangle someone.

And ranting is always encouraged...it will keep you from going looney.  ;-) 

• Loading the player...
  • I could have written this word for word. My favorite is "Oh, it's almost that time now isn't it?" Yes and stop reminding me FFS! Or when people comment on how much I'm waddling or that I look tired. Of course, it's always the women who already have kids.
  • Yeah, this is exactly what I have been feeling since yesterday. I tried to keep my feelings at bay for as long as possible but I am officially done. I am so swollen and irritable and can't do anything with ease. Everyone asks "how are you feeling?" I just want to say, "like sh!t, thanks for asking"...Not to mention everyone telling me I look "tired". UGGGHHHH. I am so over it. Tomorrow I have my 38 week appointment and I am going to ask her to strip my membranes. I was 3cm and 70% last week and I swear if I haven't progressed any more I will probably break down crying in the stirrups. Over. It. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yep. I feel the same way. I am very ready for this baby to be here.
    IMG_5889 Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yes, I'm officially done being pregnant too.  I spent most of yesterday in a state of crying or near crying secondary to everyones "helpful" comments.  I am officially staying away from all people for the remainder of this pregnancy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yesterday I almost lost it at my parents house. We were supposed to be doign Christmas with just the immediate family and my mom ended up inviting 20 people.  I just don't want to be around too many people because I'm tired of answering stupid or inappropriate questions. 

"Are you excited?"  Nope.  Not excited at all.  I hope LO stays up there for another 2 months.

"Are you ready?"  Nope.  I've only had 8 months to prepare.  It's just not enough time.

"Are you dilated?"  If this is a man asking...no, and what's the status of YOUR genitalia today?  I can take this question from any family or friends with kids

"How big is she?"  Gee, when I can fit a scale and a tape measurer up my vagina I'll let you know. 

"How much weight have you gained?"  None of your effing business!!

"Wow...you've gotten big!!"  No shiit...I'm having a baby in two weeks!!

"You need to have the baby before/after such and such date"  Next time I call LO, I'll let her know that (followed by a throat punch).

I am generally in a good mood, but the smallest stuff sets me off...clearly, right?  I'm just ready to be done so I can meet my baby girl.  I never would have guessed that I would be so irritable, though.  I try to keep my mouth shut, but the last week or so I haven't held much back and it sure feels good!

• imageLolaCook:

Yesterday I almost lost it at my parents house. We were supposed to be doign Christmas with just the immediate family and my mom ended up inviting 20 people.  I just don't want to be around too many people because I'm tired of answering stupid or inappropriate questions. 

"Are you excited?"  Nope.  Not excited at all.  I hope LO stays up there for another 2 months.

"Are you ready?"  Nope.  I've only had 8 months to prepare.  It's just not enough time.

"Are you dilated?"  If this is a man asking...no, and what's the status of YOUR genitalia today?  I can take this question from any family or friends with kids

"How big is she?"  Gee, when I can fit a scale and a tape measurer up my vagina I'll let you know. 

"How much weight have you gained?"  None of your effing business!!

"Wow...you've gotten big!!"  No shiit...I'm having a baby in two weeks!!

"You need to have the baby before/after such and such date"  Next time I call LO, I'll let her know that (followed by a throat punch).

I am generally in a good mood, but the smallest stuff sets me off...clearly, right?  I'm just ready to be done so I can meet my baby girl.  I never would have guessed that I would be so irritable, though.  I try to keep my mouth shut, but the last week or so I haven't held much back and it sure feels good!

OMG, this just made me laugh out loud! This is my thoughts exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself!!

I needed that!

• HAHA!! I am a week behind you and feel the same way!! It takes so much work just to get off the couch or out of bed to go to the bathroom.

Shortly ladies we get to meet our LO's!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"