Baby Showers
Options

What's appropriate?

I found out this weekend that two friends of mine (who don't know each other) were both planning on throwing me a shower on the same day at the same location. The first friend is chronically stressed (she has 4 kids, two who have special needs, her H just got home from an extended deployment, and she's moving out of the country in 3 months) but she said she really wants to throw me a shower since I threw her a shower for her twins that she loved. The second friend has a lot of free time and is the usual party-thrower among our group of friends. 

Should I ask them if they want each others' email addresses so they could work on something together? Or should I ask the stressed friend if she would like to back out (but worded nicer than that)? I don't really want two showers (honestly, I don't really want a shower but it's a big deal in our circle of friends) but I'm happy I have such great friends and I definitely don't want to offend anyone.

WWYD? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What's appropriate?

• Options
    I'd probably talk to the stressed friend first.  Explain that another friend had the same idea and ask if she'd like to join forces or if she'd like to let the other friend take over so she doesn't have to worry about it on top of her crazy schedule.  If she wouldn't mind doing it with the other friend then check with the other friend to make sure it works for both of them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"