North Dakota Babies

Do you give your LO's vitamins?

Just wondering...my Mom asked and it got me thinking....When she was really little I gave her vitamin D drops but than I stopped, because I heard having her out in the sunlight does the same thing everyday.....

But my Mom asked about Flouride for her teeth, bc so many babies are given bottle water (with formula etc) and there is no flouride in bottled water, but she heard it was important for babies especially those who have teeth and G has 4.....

Re: Do you give your LO's vitamins?

• Nursery water has flouride in it- as does other types of water for children. Most communities also put it in their tap water. I don't give Hayden anything supplemental- I just make sure she gets nutritious meals each day, plus I take my PNV so she gets the benefits of that through nursing.
  • About a month ago I started giving Alexa a gummy multivitamin, but the doctor says from a year to two years they get enough in whole milk. I gave her the DiViSol when she was a baby.
    ~Kimberly & Eric~ April 21, 2008 ~Tensing Pen ~ Negril, Jamaica ~ My Blog: One Sunset at a Time
  • Loading the player...
  • I give Mari Polyvisol with Iron everyday because my pedi said so.  It makes her poop black and her breath stink.  Naaasty!
  • imageDreamsBride411:
    I give Mari Polyvisol with Iron everyday because my pedi said so.  It makes her poop black and her breath stink.  Naaasty!
    Our pedi recommended this too, but Reese spits it out & stains everything. I gave up.
  • imagedani_girl08:
    imageDreamsBride411:
    I give Mari Polyvisol with Iron everyday because my pedi said so.  It makes her poop black and her breath stink.  Naaasty!
    Our pedi recommended this too, but Reese spits it out & stains everything. I gave up.

I know I'm late to the thread, but I've had this issue exactly with Nia's multis. Her pedi tells me each visit that I must give her multis b/c breastmilk is incomplete. I know that's not true and especially hate how vitamins make her smell and all the stains because she spits it up. I was considering just a vitamin D drop especially since we're African-American. I do take the pre-natal so I know she gets some nutrients through that. I found KellyMom to be a great resource. You can read what she has to say about vitamins here.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"