North Dakota Babies

VBA3Cs? Who has seen this?

What a brave woman!  Have you seen this article or heard about her?

Personally I don't know if I would have done the same thing in her situation.  But all the same I'm happy that it turned out so well for her. 

Re: VBA3Cs? Who has seen this?

• Very interesting!  My best friend is planning a VBAC at home and it makes me super nervous.  Especially considering her home is 45 minutes away from a hospital.  Personally 0.9% chance is too high for me to attempt a VBAC at home, I would not do an amnio and I think the chance of that causing a miscarriage is 0.5%.  I do admire her for sticking to her guns and insisting on the birth that she wanted, and I'm glad that it worked out for her.  I wish the American medical community was not so set in their ways that no one would allow her to attempt it in a hospital.
  • Loading the player...
  • DH sent me that article last week.  I think it's unfortunate that she was possibly uninformed, & may have had unnecessary c-sections the first 3 times.  I think that if I had a c-section, I would want to attempt a VBAC.  However, a VBAC after THREE c-sections is incredibly risky, ESPECIALLY as a home birth.  I think that what she did was irresponsible.  I'm glad that the outcome was good, but it could have been very, very bad for her or baby.  
  • It sucks that it took her getting pregnant 4 times before researching labor and delivery on her own. But I am glad she got what she wanted and it all turned out well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"