Detroit Babies
Options

Daycares - Royal Oak/Clawson/Mad. Heights/etc.

I was just recently informed that my maternity leave is ending four months earlier than expected.  I now need to find a daycare starting in the middle of April.  I am not sure if I want an in-home or a center daycare and am completely overwhelmed with the prospect of figuring this out.  I don't have friends with children in daycare, so I can't get their recommendations.  So...is anyone happy with a daycare in the Royal Oak/Madison Heights/Huntington Woods/Clawson area?

The stickler is that I only need it for 8 weeks at this point because I will have the summer off as a teacher.  We may be moving in the fall, so I am not even sure if we will re-enroll in the fall.  I won't even get into how pissed off I am at this situation.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Daycares - Royal Oak/Clawson/Mad. Heights/etc.

• Options

Sorry to hear your mat leave is shortened. My DD goes to the Great Lakes Child Dev Center at 12 Mile & Stephenson in Royal Oak (formerly known as the St. Dennis CDC) and we absolutely love it. The environment is very warm & welcoming, the staff is terrific and they host lots of neat events for the kids - just last weekend they did a breakfast with Santa which was so much fun.

DD is very happy there and loves her "teachers". It's a mother/daughter team in the infant room and both are so wonderful with kids. We are really happy with our decision to send her there.

Good luck in your search!

• Options
    DS is starting daycare on Jan. 3rd at the Clawson Child Care Center.  It's affiliated through the school district, but runs year round.  You can access their webpage off of Clawson Public Schools website.  I'm a teacher too and most of the babies there are children of teachers, so I'm getting the vibe that they are flexible with your schedule.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank you both so much, I will check them out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"