North Dakota Babies
Options

Do I have DRAMA written on my forehead?

So....long story short...my step-dad has some back problems & has to go in for surgery this week (of all weeks) to correct it.  It was kinda sudden, so he hasn't been dealing with it well, neither has my mom.  My mom had this same surgery a few years back & knows that it's not a big thing (it IS back surgery- but he will be fine).

Today, she texted me to tell me that the advent calendar that I wanted for Hayden was sold out at PBK (which I knew) & she found it somewhere else.  One problem- my dad already bought this for her, so I called her right away to potentially stop the purchase.  She tells me she already bought it on eBay, to which I respond, "It's okay- I can sell it again on eBay so you don't have to worry about it."  Tears ensue.  Me-"Mom, these things happen, it's not a big deal."  Her- "WE just wanted to be the ones to give this to her...I have to go (in tears)."  And she HUNG UP on me!  WTF?!?!

I know she's stressed about the surgery, but C'MON...over a felt advent calendar on eBay she's crying & hanging up on me???  I text her to tell her that we can keep HERS and I will sell my dads- but she didn't respond. 

WHY, OH WHY?!?!  (DH just shook his head at this one!)

Re: Do I have DRAMA written on my forehead?

• Options
    Oh, dear god!  I deal with the same crap between my mom and my MIL.  It's like everything has to be a competition.
  • Options
    Yikes!  Hopefully she's just having an emotional day and all will be okay tomorrow.
    Katy and Brett ~ Runaway Bay, Jamaica ~ October 4, 2008

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagenatalee215:
    Oh, dear god!  I deal with the same crap between my mom and my MIL.  It's like everything has to be a competition.

I have the issue with my MIL & SMIL.  Step MIL has no problems, but MIL thinks Step MIL shouldn't even be allowed to be grandma (even though they have been married for 10+ years)

Sorry you have to deal with this.

A & T Since 2009 Parents of A born July 2010
  • Options
    imageCanadianBride84:

imagenatalee215:

I have the issue with my MIL & SMIL.  Step MIL has no problems, but MIL thinks Step MIL shouldn't even be allowed to be grandma (even though they have been married for 10+ years)

Sorry you have to deal with this.

I have this but with it's my MIL & Mom thinking my Step Mom shouldn't be involved with anything...as far as I'm concerned the Guppie will have 3 sets of grandparents, all the more to love him/her!! I don't get why EVERYTHING has to be a competition with parents...Hopefully your mom will calm down (probably not until after the surgery when that stress has left her immediate view), and be more understanding!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"