North Dakota Babies
Options

Sleep training

I really haven't read much on it nor have I been really trying to hard to wean C from feeding/rocking to sleep.  Tonight we fed her rice cereal for the first time (so cute BTW) and then I changed her into jammies and fed her the 5th bottle in the glider in the dark as usual.  For whatever reason, she finished the bottle and was still wide awake.  She started sucking her fingers and was just staring at me.  I put her in her crib knowing that it was only a matter of time before the crying started but I had groceries to put away so I gave it a try.  I usually last about 5 minutes before I give in and get her.  Tonight I think I lasted about 8 before heading upstairs with another bottle.  I stopped in our bedroom and asked DH if I should try to wait it out a little longer since we're going to have to do it eventually.  In the 2-3 minutes that we discussed it, the crying stopped.  I waited 2 more minutes and went in to check her.  She was sleeping.  Woo hoo!  I've officially changed from AP to CIO.  And I don't feel the least bit guilty about it.  Big Smile

Re: Sleep training

• Options
    nice Yes
    married 7.3.08 - mc 8.10 - dd 6.4.11 cp 10.13 - bfp 11.13 edd 7.22.13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yay!
    Katy and Brett ~ Runaway Bay, Jamaica ~ October 4, 2008

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

good for you!  I never really did CIO.  I nursed Gavin to sleep as long as it would work!  I was actually really bummed when it stopped working.  i'd still get up and nurse him though because it was easier than losing sleep listening to him cry.  me = no patience.

I mean, I would let him cry a little while, but not long.  Sometimes he would just cry in his sleep so I didn't go in immediately. 

• Options
    Yay!  I hope she keeps it up for you!  We had to bite the bullet too with C and it was amazingly a shorter period of time for her to cry than we had expected.  Thank goodness!
  • Options
    I won't let C CIO but I've noticed if I just do something before I go in and try to soothe him (he is usually just fussing, not actually crying) he will fall asleep in the mean time. It's like if I sit and wait for him to fall asleep he never does, but if I start cleaning up or do some work while he puts himself to sleep, he ends up falling asleep faster. i guess its the same as "a watched pot never boils".
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"