Michigan Babies
Options

Induction?

I went for 37 wk appt yest. Measuring 40 wks so im having an ultrasound on friday to check size of baby. they say if he is too big i may need to be induced. Im having mixed feelings about this. I ready to meet my baby but ive heard being induced can be such a long process. Anyone have any good experiences or suggestions?

Re: Induction?

• Options

I had an OK induction.  Not the easiest, but not terrible either.  I was induced due to HBP and GD.  My main goal was to have a vaginal birth (supposedly inductions have a higher rate of c-section) and a healthy baby, both of which I achieved, so the outcome was good in my book. 

My main suggestion would be to be prepared for a long process.  My induction took 36 hours.  Not all of that was labor (took several trys with Pitocin and cervadil before labor finally set in) but I was not expecting it to take so long.

Good Luck!

Love: 8.10.99
    Marriage: 12.18.04
    DD1: 5.19.10
    DD2: 4.11.12
    #3 EDD 4.23.16

• Options

I was induced at 40 weeks 1 day.  I was 4 cm for 3 weeks, thin, and 75% effaced.....for 3.weeks.  Ugh!

Anyway, I started on pitocin at 5ish and was fully dilated at 12:00.  I pushed for almost 3 hours and ended in a section.  DD was 9 pounds 7 ounces and just plain wouldn't fit through.  I do feel if I was induced a week or two earlier a  vaginal birth would have been do-able.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No induction experience, but wanted to wish you the best of luck! 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Your pelvis is perfectly capable of handling the baby that is waiting on the other side of it. If it were me I would decline the induction and let nature take it's course.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"