North Carolina Babies

S/O from Second Tri: Who was with you during Delivery?

I was just wondering since this seems to be a hot topic on the 2nd Tri board!

Who did you want in the room?

Who didn't you want?

Did it work out how you planned?

I was 10 days early so it was just DH, and I ended up with a c-section anyway. DH was awesome and did everything I asked of him and helped me a HUGE amount. I can still picture his face when he saw me in such pain!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: S/O from Second Tri: Who was with you during Delivery?

• Who did you want in the room? Just DH

Who didn't you want? Anyone else!

Did it work out how you planned? Exactly as I planned.  I made sure everyone knew that they were not invited into the delivery room.

• Who did you want in the room? DH

Who didn't you want? anyone else :)

Did it work out how you planned? yes (though I had a c/s, and never got to hard labor, pushed, etc...) He was great though. :)

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • Since I had a c/s, it was just DH.

When I thought I was having a vag delivery I only wanted DH in there. I was fine with people in & out while I labored, but knew I wanted it to be a special time for just DH & I during delivery.

DH was INCREDIBLE during L&D. I went med-free for a long time while maxed out on pitocin so I was in a lot of pain, then got my epi which brought relief but I got SO sick and threw up so much (including on my way into the operating room).  He was a trooper and brought me a lot of comfort during a difficult time.

Who didn't you want? Anyone else!

Did it work out how you planned? pretty much.  my mom came w/us to the hospital though and if dh's grandpa hadn't shown up she probably would have been in the room, though i didn't really want her to be, so she sat outside w/him.  i'm glad it was just dh, and this time around i'll have it the same way since someone is going to have to be w/ds during that time. 

• We don't have any family in Raleigh so even if I wanted someone it would not have been possible.  I think it worked out exactly the way I planned it.  I labored at home for 2 days and finally made it to the hospital.  DH was shocked how quick I would go from excruciating pain to normal. LOL. It was very surreal and I couldn't believe it was actually happening.
  • DH was there for both. I didn't want anyone else there.  With DD#1, I never got to pushing (or past 3.5 cm) so DH never saw that part of labor.  He had to deal more with my disappointment in having pitocin, epi, c/s.

With DD#2, I had a planned c/s.  My family didn't arrive until the night we got home from the hospital (I actually had no visitors to the hospital except DH).  I had wished my family would have been able to arrive early enough to visit me in the hospital but I liked only having DH in during my c/s.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Who didn't you want? Anyone else

Did it work out how you planned? Yes.  I didn't care who was in the room while I labored.  Everyone from both of our families was in and out throughout the day.  But when it came time to push everyone left except for DH.  I ended up with a c/s in the end anyways.

image Connor Reeves - July 4, 2007 Naomi Raye - January 26, 2011
  • Who did you want in the room? I only wanted it to be DH and I.

Who didn't you want? I just wanted us so nobody specific that i didnt want.

Did it work out how you planned? I had planned to have nobody there while I even labored but it was a long/exhausting/rough day for me and I called my mom to come and my dad came too. It was really nice to have my parents there when the decision was made to do a c-section (having my mom remind me that it was okay that i couldn't have a vaginal birth was really helpful).

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Did it work out how you planned? Yes for delivery, but I actually didn't want anyone visiting me in the hospital while I labored and told everyone that. But, my parents and sister did not listen and just showed up, and I was rather aggravated with them. I finally had to kick them out at one point because I was exhausted from talking to them and wanted to rest before pushing.

I would like to add that having DH in the room while I delivered was pointless. He was freaked out and sat on the couch the whole time, not holding my legs or offering moral support!

• Who did you want in the room? Just DH once I started active labor

Did it work out how you planned? I ended up being induced so there was a lot of waiting around during the day. DH, my mom, sister and in-laws were all there keeping me company. But once the doctor said I could start pushing everyone cleared out.

• imagedbertagni:

Who did you want in the room?for Christian--just DH.  This one, I do  not care who is in the room.  My sister will be in town tomorrow, and she has expressed a desire to be in the delivery room.  I told her she could.  DH does not really want anyone in the room--I think he is afraid they will take away his chance to be my main support :) 

Who didn't you want?  My family is all out of state, so that was not an issue.  I don't think I'd want my FIL or MIL in the room, but I'm pretty sure neither of them have a desire. 

Did it work out how you planned? Yes, see above.

I was 10 days early so it was just DH, and I ended up with a c-section anyway. DH was awesome and did everything I asked of him and helped me a HUGE amount. I can still picture his face when he saw me in such pain!

• Who did you want in the room?  For the actual delivery, DH and my mom

Who didn't you want?  Anyone other than them

Did it work out how you planned?  Both sides of the family came in and out all day long while I was in labor.  I wanted to see them anyways.  I was in a great mood once I got the epidural : ) but in the end, I got a c/s so it really didn't matter anyways.  But I'm glad they got to at least visit with us.  It was only my ILs and parents since we live 3 hrs from everyone else. 

• imagedbertagni:

Who did you want in the room? Only DH

Who didn't you want? everyone else

Did it work out how you planned? yes! My parents, ILs and bff all stopped in at some point, which was fine. Luckily as things got more intense, they stayed away. DH was ah-mazing!

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"