Postpartum Depression

new to board.

hi ladies, i've been dealing with PPD since my son was born.  well actually I was on Zoloft for the last trimester as well during pregnancy.

The Zoloft is no longer working, so I was changed to Celexa, that didnt work at all, so then I was changed to Effexor, which I'm currently on.  It's been 2 wks and its not helping. 

I think I'm feeling worse. I have anxiety issues as well.  I'm afraid to wake up in the morning and take care of my son.  once i'm actually up and taking care of him i'm ok, it's mostly when he's sleeping or crying, that i'm a mess. 

I'm having major panic attacks now too. so much so that when i'm in crowded places.  like Costco or Target (especially now at xmas time) that even if i'm almost done shopping I have to leave

I'm also on xanax which i'm only supposed to take at night but have been taking during the day as well.

I'm just super frustrated.  I thought it would be gone by now and I would be weaning off my meds.  not looking for new ones.

the sucky part is my insurance, they want me to try all the old school ones before they will let me try newer ones.  (just got the new insurance this month)

and with the new insurance is only minimal coverage for therapy visits.

any help out there?  I make too much money to qualify for financial aid or off set costs for therapy.  but not enough to pay for it.  go figure.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: new to board.

• oh and i'm not breast feeding or pumping anymore. just havent had a chance to change my siggy
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had huge battles with anxiety and what helped me was Lexapro. Which I know many people with anxiety take and find that it helps. For me zoloft did not work either. These medications are so sensitive to each person so it does take time to find the right one and the right dosage.

Is there any way your doctor could give you some samples at first to see if it works? And then if it does talk with your insurance company about covering it?

Anxiety is very scary and frustruating. Try to take one day at at time and know you WILL get through this ((hugs))

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"