VBAC

Anyone have a successful VBAC when 1st baby was severely stuck?

I am so tempted to try VBAC with my next one, however I haven't heard about anyone who had a VBAC after their first baby was seriously stuck in their pelvis like mine was.

I had a GYN tell me long ago that my anatomy would probably prevent me from delivering naturally because my pelvic bone is very low. Other GYNs have had trouble performing a pap because of it. I didn't think much of it until I had DS and he was SO stuck that they had trouble getting him out even via the c-section after 4 hours of pushing.

If the reason for my c-section had been failure to progress or some other unforseen issue I would be headed for a VBAC for sure. I just wonder if my anatomy just isn't cut out for pushing out a baby and that makes me nervous to try it again.

Any success stories of VBACs like this?

Re: Anyone have a successful VBAC when 1st baby was severely stuck?

• Does your provider have anything to say about it?  Pushing positions can help you open up your pelvis if you didn't utilize them in your past.  Also positioning can be an issue.  Maybe try local or the national ICAN list serves.  They'll have more wide ranges of experiences than we do. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was just coming here to ask the same question!

I was disappointed the I needed a c-section with DS after planning for a med-free natural delivery assisted by a doula.  But, he was breech, wedged cross-legged in my pelvis with his head stuck under my ribs and no chance of turning.  I would really like to try for a VBAC but, am not sure my OB practice will let me only 20 months after a c-section.

the boymom is expecting a girl!
    big brothers 12.2009 and 02.2012
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • For Jen&Louie- I had a VBAC in 2009 19 months after my first C-section. It was a little closely spaced, but my providers were ok with it. The first c-section was for the same reason as you- frank breech! I was actually told that the chance of a successful VBAC after a c-section for breech is good, because the c-section was for a baby reason, not a mommy reason. My VBAC baby was 9 lbs 11oz!
  • For Jen&Louie- I had a VBAC in 2009 19 months after my first C-section. It was a little closely spaced, but my providers were ok with it. The first c-section was for the same reason as you- frank breech! I was actually told that the chance of a successful VBAC after a c-section for breech is good, because the c-section was for a baby reason, not a mommy reason. My VBAC baby was 9 lbs 11oz! We're going to TTC next fall and I'm hoping for another (intend to use the same hospital and OB.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"