North Carolina Babies

BTP....I'm jealous.

That you have a Silhouette.. Geeked

So, tell me all the cool things you use it for, and make me turn even greener with envy! (And help talk me into saving for one. hehe)

Are all the accessories expensive? Do you use it mostly for scrapbooking (I don't scrapbook, which I why I always thought I didn't need one...until I started reading all those blogs you recommended!)

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

Re: BTP....I'm jealous.

• ::butting in:: BTP, your blog is awesome :)  That is all...
    Our little flower

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You should save for one! They send them to bloggers pretty frequently to have giveaways and they always have a promo code to get a package for a better price. That's what I did. The most recent was a package of products w/ the Silhouette for $199 - not bad!

I'm a digital scrapbooker, so I don't use it for scrapbooking either. I mostly use it for vinyl projects. I use the heat transfer vinyl to make the cutest shirt for J to wear to the NCSU/UNC game. I also tried it recently for glass etching & it was a smashing success!

I put it to the test in November when I cut out 60+ trees and 600+ leaves for a MOPS project (I'm one of the Creative Activities director & plan our crafts for the meetings). They have all kinds of fun shapes, so sometimes I'll just cut out shapes for J to play with. I cut out a train one day and you would have thought it was his only toy he loved it so much! 

As far as prices...I buy vinyl & the Silhouette accessories at Expressions Vinyl https://www.expressionsvinyl.com/. It's cheaper and I get coupon codes since I'm on their email list. You can use any font on your computer, so that's basically free. You can also buy shapes from them which are $0.99 or less, plus they have a free shape of the week that I always download.

I love it & I'm so glad I have it - even if it's just a toy to aid in my crafting adventures! :)

• Loading the player...
  • imagemarkyslove:
    ::butting in:: BTP, your blog is awesome :)  That is all...

Thank you! You're too kind. I guess that sweet comment makes up for the assault on my eyes every time I look at that ram in your siggy ;) 

• Yeah, I registered to win one on just about every blog I could, but boo--didn't win! :-) I did see the $199 deal. Not in our budget right now, but I might just have to save up for one--they do look really cool!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• imageBackthePack:

imagemarkyslove:
    ::butting in:: BTP, your blog is awesome :)  That is all...

Thank you! You're too kind. I guess that sweet comment makes up for the assault on my eyes every time I look at that ram in your siggy ;) 

Hahaha... That's funny.  DH went to NCSU too, so he feels the same way ;) 

Our little flower

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"