North Dakota Babies
Options

Honey ?

So I read somewhere that since honey is the main ingredient in cough remedies, that's is okay to give you LO some. Angie is very congested and I gave it to her a couple of times and she sounds better.

This morning, the Day Care said, you're no supposed to give toddlers honey,,,,,, uh?

Can any explain why?

Re: Honey ?

• Options
    Honey & nuts are no-no's before babies turn 1. My understanding was that it's fine after 1 year though...Soph has never had honey but she loves peanut butter. So, I'm not sure really sure why at this point she couldn't have it.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker ashley jordan est. 06.07.08 | siesta key, fl
  • Options
    I knew about honey but corn syrup??? Our pedi said to put some Karo in her bottle when she was constipated!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageAlaskanAlison:
    Honey (as well as corn syrup) can contain botulism spores, so you're not supposed to give it to infants. It's okay to give after their first birthday.

Yes, but if your honey is pasteurized then you are ok.

So just make sure that the honey that you are giving her is pasteurized (just like the milk you give her) and you should be alright to give it to her in any age.

image★´¯`•.¸¸.°¤TTCAL/PGAL/PAL Welcome,imageare not¤°.¸¸.•´¯`★image
    imageimageimage

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    נשמה שבאה לעולם למספר חודשים לשהות במעי האם, היא נשמת צדיק גמור שבאה לעולם רק לתקן פגם קטן ולאחר מספר חודשים אלו היא שבה למקומה לגן עדן להתענג על ה'. לעתיד לבוא נשמה זו תוכר באחד מבנייך ובזכות נשמת צדיק זה תזכי להיות במחיצת צדיקים
    TTC Since September 2011
    BFP#1:Dec.1.11 EDD:Aug.09.12 MC:Jan.11.12 (9WK5D)-Natural
    BFP#2:Apr.18.12 EDD:Dec.21.12 MC:May.1.12 (6WK3D)-D&C
    BFP#3:Sep.12.12 - Suspected CP | BFP#4:Dec.1.12 - Suspected CP
    BFP#5: Dec.26.12 EDD:Sep.10.13 MC:Jan.7.13 (4WK6D)-Natural
    BFP#6: Jun.11.13 EDD:Feb.23.13 Beta: #1=8000 #2=24532 US@6wk2d showed 7wk2d size with 143BPM HR * NT US@12wk6d looked good. A/S passed with flying colors and our team color is Blue! *Grow my little Pamplemousse*!!!
    pregnancy

• Options

imageMrsBlayne:
    I knew about honey but corn syrup??? Our pedi said to put some Karo in her bottle when she was constipated!

The Mayo Clinic says not to give them corn syrup or honey until they're over 1 year old.  Maybe it's one of those things that each doctor has a slightly different stance on?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"