Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

How many Santa presents?

Last year, SD didn't really understand the concept of Santa. This year, she is AAAAAAALL about Mr. Claus. She knows that he will bring her presents, and she asks if Santa will bring her [insert every toy we see on TV/in the store]. 

How many presents under your tree will be from Santa & how many will be from Mommy & Daddy? 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

I never held you, but I always loved you.
Baby Squirt- September 2009
Baby Turtle- May 2010
Baby Surprise- August 2011

Re: How many Santa presents?

• Options
    all (approx) 10 presents are from santa...0 from us
  • Options
    Santa 8 and from us 3 and then one to the boys from each other!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We fo one present from Santa (plus a stocking). I'm trying really hard to only get her one thing from us too, because she will get lots from family and she already got a lot of Hanukkah presents.
    Peru!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We do one present from Santa unwrapped under the tree and a stocking on Christmas morning. They have 6 presents from mommy and daddy and one from each other that they will open this weekend. We do Christmas with just the 4 of us at our house the Saturday before Christmas because we travel to our families house(s) for Christmas.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    1 large present from Santa, a set-up toy train, and a few small ones from mom and dad, 2 DVDs and 2 or 3 LeapFrog books.
  • Options
    3 presents from santa, one from mommy and daddy, and one from a sibling (they choose names out of a hat).. and then about a million from grandparents!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Options
    Growing up Santa brought us 3 gifts because Baby Jesus only got three gifts. This is a tradition that we are carrying on with DD. This year I bought her one big gift from us. When we go back home for Christmas I will go to the outlet mall and get her a bunch of winter clothes. We aren't getting her a ton for Christmas because we are 14 hrs from both sets of Grandparents and they go way overboard. So I even things out. 
    Addison Elizabeth
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Carter James
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    3 from santa the rest from us.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

so far we only have 1 santa present for her. none from us (but I plan to get 1-2 small things) and we will have a train set up in the morning from santa too that goes around the tree.

she will be getting plenty of other presents from family, so I'm not worried about her not enjoying herself. 

• Options

imagemdlw07:
    all (approx) 10 presents are from santa...0 from us

That's what I was thinking, too...

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We've been doing little advent boxes with DS; he gets to open one box each day with a treat/toy from Santa, which he understands that Santa brought. But I don't think Xmas morning, he will know/care who gave him what, so all from Santa will probably be what we tell him, some will be wrapped (like the Playdough sets/tools that I will probably afterward put away for later), but some like a bunch of new Thomas train accessories and sets will be unwrapped and set out on his train table, which he'll probably notice right away. Everything in his stocking unwrapped. Maybe 10 toys from Santa. We celebrate Xmas this Saturday with DH's family, so he'll get gifts from BIL and ILs then, and my family later on Xmas day. Next year, if he is old enough to notice what we got him versus what Santa got him, probably gifts that are hard to wrap/best left unwrapped as well as stocking stuff will be from Santa (the majority) and  the rest will be from mom and dad.
  • Options

You don't even want to know how many santa gifts he is getting.  He gets all the "good stuff" From santa though.  All the toys and big stuff comes from him.  We open mom and dad gifts on Christmas eve.

He is so excited for Santa, the reindeer, the elves all of it I went way overboard!  My mom did too though...so I blame it on her :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Santa gets credit for one big gift.  this year ds is getting a big boy bike with training wheels.  

when I was younger I got so mad that my mom never got me any presents and Santa always gave them to me. 

So, in a sense of selfishness, Santa gets credit for one biggie. 

• Options

One gift from Santa and a stocking. We got her a few smaller gifts and we are taking her to see the tree in NYC and Build-a-Bear workshop this weekend. Grandma and Grandpa (in NJ) go over board, they are getting a tricycle for her and more. Granny and Granda live in Belfast N. Ireland so they sent over a music box and some pink flannel pjs. LOTS of aunts and uncles gifts too, its all a bit much!

This Advent Ive been trying to teach her why we light advent candles, how we prepare, why we get and give gifts, etc. Her answer to what is Christmas? JESUS' BIRTHDAY! HOORAY! ...then she starts singing happy birthday to jesus...its so cute!

So, from this idea, I decided before we open gifts Christmas morning, we put jesus in the manger, and light a candle and sing happy birthday to him.

I think its a nice tradition... :D

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Mrs. Fitzsimons on 4/21/07.
  • Options

1 from santa, 1 from us.  of course, we are doing christmas as both grandparents' houses instead of ours this year so he will end up getting 2 from santa and 2 from us.  he really only thinks that santa brings you one present so we're just not telling him otherwise right now.  the grandparents on the other hand and the other relatives (he's the first grandkid on both sides) will get him a ton. 

as an aside, the only thing he wants for christmas is a horn.  which cracks me up because it seems like a 1920s present.  but from the first moment he understood that santa brought gifts, he's been convinced that santa is bringing him a horn (like a trumpet).  we found him this which i think will be great fun.  

bound to cover just a little more ground Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"