Parenting after a Loss

Low Progesterone success stories? (from PgAL)

Hello there everyone! I was just wondering if any of you had low progesterone in the beginning of your pregnancy and everything turned out just fine? I got my BFP last week, HCG numbers look great, but my progesterone came back at a 9.9.  RE started me on 200mg Progesterone suppositories right away (14dpo), but he said we aren't out of the woods yet. Just makes me nervous especially since I've had a loss before,,  Thanks so much!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Low Progesterone success stories? (from PgAL)

• Mine was under 10 too.  I took Progesterone until week 12 and everything was fine!  GL!
  • I was also on progesterone until 13 weeks. I had some minor spotting on and off around week 6/7 but everything turned out ok. I know it's scary. I hope everything works out for you.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagefutureevans:
    Mine was under 10 too.  I took Progesterone until week 12 and everything was fine!  GL!

Mine too and everything turned out perfect.  She is now a wonderful 15 month old :)  GL!!!!!  

• I started supps with this pregnancy. I never had before and had 2 early losses. They didn't check my levels but gave them to me as precaution following my history.
    Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
    After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Mine was super low and I started on 200mg of progesterone right away. DS is 13 months old today. GL!!
    After 2 m/cs, dx October 2008 with hetero factor v leiden & mthfr & low progesterone; third time was the charm - BFP 3/19/09 on first cycle of clomid. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My progesterone started at 15 and within 2 weeks it was at a 7. I was on injections from the beginning until 14 weeks. It ws scary because my dr was very concerned but it ended up okay with a gorgeous baby boy. t&P for you Hun.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Missing our sweet Angeline. BFP #1: 7.12.09 / EDD: 3.15.10 / Missed Miscarriage: 8.14.10
    BFP #2: 3.16.10 / EDD: 11.28.12 / Collin Rex born 12.1.10
    TTC#2: May 2012
    BFP #3: 7.5.12 / CP 7.12.12
    BFP #4: 1.28.12 / EDD: 10.11.13
    betas: 10dpo: 91 / 14dpo: 493 / first u/s: 3.4.13
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My progesterone started at 15 then went to 12 and they put me on the supps.  I also had a septum resected (I see from your siggy you had the same thing).  Besides going on the progesterone early on, I had no other issues this pregnancy and I now have an almost three month old.  Good luck!
    My Blog: http://krate24.blogspot.com/ Heather Ann, born still on Jan. 26, 2009 at 27w2d. <a href="http://s1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa361/krate24/?action=view
  • I don't remember my numbers, but mine was low too, and I took it orally until 13 weeks.
  • I really wish they would stop putting so much emphasis on HCG and progesterone levels in early pregnancy. It just causes so much grief and anxiety and in my experience is never reassuring.I just got to the point were I refused to get any blood testing of my levels done.

Keep your chin up. There is so much variation in early pregnancy and there really is no perfect formula to tell whether a pregnancy will be viable or not. I took progesterone with DS2 and obviously it ended well. 

9 angels in heaven-3 in my arms and 1 in the NICU                                                                                                                                    
    Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

• Mine was 9.2 or 9.6 at 4 wks (can't remember which) started 200 mg oral prog at night, at 6 wks I started bleeding one night (red with clots) and thought I was miscarrying so I didn't take that pill, went to the doc the next morning and he was still there with a little heartbeat! But my prog was 8.8, so I had to take the pill every 12 hrs. Stopped at 12 wks and he's here today!
  • Thank you so much for all of your responses!! I am so glad everything worked out wonderfully for all of you. Maybe I can have a little hope after all!

In the beginning, did your doctors warn you about possible chromosome issues being the reason for the low progesterone? When did your doctor say you were "out of the woods"? 12wks at the NT Scan?

Thanks again so much, I definitely feel a lot less hopeless!

• Bumping this (hoping no one minds) to get more answers. I go for a 3rd beta and progesterone check tomorrow (5wks). They told me that the suppositories don't show up in the blood though so that my prog level may still be low. Anyone heard of that? They mentioned again I may not have good news at my next U/S.. I just feel so defeated :/ It's hard to keep my chin up everyday but I try to read your responses every now and then and have hope.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"