Health & Exercise
Options

Anyone have a BodyBugg?

My DH has a chance through his office to buy a BodyBugg for a really discounted price. Before I tell him that I want it, I wanted to hear from someone who has actually used one. So, anyone have one or used one? Pros/cons? Would you get one again?
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image

Re: Anyone have a BodyBugg?

• Options

I have a BodyMedia Fit armband (same company), and I really like it. It's a cool little gadget, it keeps me honest ;)

Actually, one of the things I really liked about it was that it gave an honest and accurate measure of my output of activity. I'm usually fairly active and was under the impression that I always burned like 3000 calories a day. This gadget showed me otherwise, so it was a great learning tool.

One caveat is that it can sometimes be uncomfortable on your arm when you wear it for long periods of time, and it is not waterproof, so no swimming allowed. Oh, and you can only wear it on your left arm on the triceps area for an accurate reading, so be prepared for some funky tan lines.

I'm still very glad I got it, totally worth the money IMO. Hope that helps!  

motivationisoverrated.com
  • Options

I have the BodyMedia Fit as well as love it. I got it prior to pregnancy and it was rather eye-opening to see how many calories I burned in a day, especially days where I didn't exercise.

It can be annoying to wear, particularly if you're on the heavier side like me and your arms are already a bit snug in the sleeves... people will ask you what it is, so be prepared to answer questions :)

Good investment overall and I do seem to be burning slightly more calories a day now that I'm halfway through my first trimester.

Good luck! 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"