Oregon Babies
Options

ODS Health Insurance? Reviews?

I would love any good/bad reviews you have on ODS health plan with your materity/birth experience!  Shopping around for new health insurance is NOT fun!!

Re: ODS Health Insurance? Reviews?

• Options

We have ODS through a government agency that my husband works for. It covers maternity at 90%, so assuming I have a routine delivery in the future, that would put what we owe at less than $1000. When we had our daughter my primary coverage was with kaiser, and ODS did a great job of picking up what was left. It's been a bit of a fiasco getting the two insurances to work together, but ODS has always been helpful to be in trying to sort this out over the phone.

I also had Providence until I was 22 or 23, and loved them. It's been a few years, so i'm not sure if things have changed, but you could look into them too.

• Options

We have ODS through my husband's job at NIKE.  So far so good.  I believe they cover 85% of our maternity costs with a $1700 annual limit on what we can pay out.  Had everything gone as planned we wouldn't have come close to paying that amount, however we ended up having our baby 2 months early; our little guy stayed in the NICU for 36 days and I was in the hospital for 7.  I'm anticipating that we will pay the full $1700 but it seems like a drop in the bucket compared to some of these charges I've seen coming in.  All I can say is that we are very very thankful that we have insurance! 

Good luck with your search!

imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"