Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Moving to another house-take apart crib or leave together?

I figured we would leave the crib intact and bubble wrap the heck out of it. I'd just hate to somehow break something, lose something, not put it back together correctly, etc. Not to mention the hassle of disassembling and assembling it. My husband says we need to take it apart though. What would be best safety wise?

We have this crib, of that helps.

TTC#1=Feb 2009: 50 mg Clomid+Ovidrel shot+Metformin+Dexamethasone+TI=BFP!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2=July 2011: Surprise BFP: Chemical Pregnancy

Re: Moving to another house-take apart crib or leave together?

• I think our doorways are narrower than the crib... can you fit it through doorways without taking it apart?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageaniemerg:
    I think our doorways are narrower than the crib... can you fit it through doorways without taking it apart?

this.  we just moved and had to take ours apart for it to fit through any of our doors.  it survived the move just fine....just make sure to get a plastic bag to keep all the nuts and bolts.  

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • imageaniemerg:
    I think our doorways are narrower than the crib... can you fit it through doorways without taking it apart?

Well I know for a fact that it'll fit out of the bedroom door, not so sure about the front one though, I assume it will.

TTC#1=Feb 2009: 50 mg Clomid+Ovidrel shot+Metformin+Dexamethasone+TI=BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2=July 2011: Surprise BFP: Chemical Pregnancy
  • We took ours apart.  There is no way it would've fit through the doors if we left it put together.  We had no problems taking it apart or putting it back together.

We have a 4 in 1 sleigh style crib.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • take it apart. I know it is a pain but when you move it together you risk internal damage. Like things comming lose, stripping screws and holes..stuff naked to the eye.
  • imagelynelise04:
    take it apart. I know it is a pain but when you move it together you risk internal damage. Like things comming lose, stripping screws and holes..stuff naked to the eye.

This is what I'd be worried about as well.

• def. take apart... we moved into our house in May and kept our crib together and while moving into DS's new room, it broke. So we had to go out and buy a new crib that night.
    image   image
  • We just moved and we didn't take it apart until we had to. We moved it assembled, but when they were moving it into her bedroom they realized that they'd have to take it apart to get it through the doorway. I'd recommend keeping it together as long as possible, or measuring everything ahead of time to see if you're going to have to take it apart in the end.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"