Postpartum Depression

Anyone taking Pristiq for anxiety/depression?

I just started it and I cant figure out when to take it. It makes me exhausted for two hours and then I didnt sleep AT ALL last night. Seriously was in bed with my so at 830pm and I didnt fall asleep until 530am and slept until 8am. I had taken my pill at 6pm. Anyone else?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone taking Pristiq for anxiety/depression?

• I took Pristiq for a little while & had nothing but problems with it!  I didn't sleep, my anxiety heightened & then I began to have horrible suicidal thoughts.  Needless to say I took myself off of it,
  • I don't have PPD and usually just lurk seeing I've been on a lot of anti-depressants...but I took Pristiq in the morning and it seemed to work better for me. Just be careful before adding any other prescription meds to it, it can make you react weirdly. 
    imageVincent Julian born on March 27th, 2013 DX with Down Syndrome image
    baby
      BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, I've been on it for over a year and I love it. It did take a few weeks to work out the kinks, but after that all the side effects went away.

The only negative thing I can say about the meds is that it increased my blood pressure for awhile. I have always had excellent bp at 117/70 and it went up quite a bit after I started the meds. It took a little while but now I'm back to my normal bp  but there for awhile there was a question if I was even going to be able to stay on the meds it was so high..... And coming from somebody who's completely healthy with a healthy bp and no bp issues in my family.. it was pretty scary. So I'd watch that.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i took it a few weeks ago for a week and it was AWFUL. also caused suicidal thoughts. i was switching from cymbalta over to pritiq. 
    After 2 years of IF, and moving forward with adoption we were thrilled to discover we were pregnant with no intervention in 2009. Miss Molly joined our family in February 2010 and we could not be more in love with our little angel. Lilypie Second Birthday tickers blog www.grumpysnickles.com
  • i was on it for a year before i got pregnant. it helped me tremendously. it took about 2 weeks for my body to adjust to it. i took it in the mornings. if i hadnt had it by noon, i could (as could my co-workers and boss) tell a big difference. my doc took me off of it when i became pregnant, and as much as i hate to say it, i miss my pristiq. i seem to function better with it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"