3rd Trimester

smell aversions

Does anyone else have an aversion to any particular smell? I personally can't stand the smell of cooking eggs or my discharge. I know the second one is weird but I actually asked my bff if I generally smelled odd (no her nose wasn't in my vaginal region) . Lol. Thankfully she said I smelled like soap. Oh and sorry for poor formatting I'm bumping from my phone.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: smell aversions

• Cigarette smoke makes me want to throw up every time I smell it and the cleaner I use in the bathroom has about the same affect. DH has actually started burning essential oils in a diffuser after cleaning the house.  He is so sweet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had an aversion to Hs breathe for most of this pregnancy. He's not a smelly guy but for a while, mostly first tri, I couldn't be too close to his face bacause it made me sick. I have to ask how that convo was approached though... So bff have you ever caught a whiff of my bits? Or did you hand her a ziplock with some undies in it?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The lysol that they used in the bathroom at my work always made me want to gag and walking through the seafood section at the grocery store had the same effect.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've always hated the smell of these things, but exponentially moreso now that I am pregnant:

mustard on anything

ketchup on eggs

cigarette/cigar smoke

most Indian food (and DH makes this all the time, blegh)

coffee (and DH's resulting coffee breath)

~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• imageHyfagal:
    I had an aversion to Hs breathe for most of this pregnancy. He's not a smelly guy but for a while, mostly first tri, I couldn't be too close to his face bacause it made me sick. I have to ask how that convo was approached though... So bff have you ever caught a whiff of my bits? Or did you hand her a ziplock with some undies in it?

AHAHAHAHAHA Cool
  • Dont feel bad at all! My little brother for some weird reason always smells like pancakes ( im the only one that smells it) and my boyfriend always smells like pickles! I mean straight out of the shower and he has never ate a pickle in his life! My nose is all sorts of screwed up so i understand your frustration lol.
  • This past week almost all smells! I work at a school and the bathroom, the students, the cafe, all of it makes me nauseous!! It is actually getting difficult to work because everywhere I go I cannot avoid the smells! AHH
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"