VBAC

Those !&*#%(*$&!!!!

I'm so mad right now.  I just got my medical records from my former OB, including the operative report.  The reason given for c-section?  Failure to progress.  I was told my baby was in distress, and that isn't noted anywhere.  My labor had stalled, but for under 3 hours.  Sorry for the random vent, but I'm so angry and I didn't know who else would understand!

Re: Those !&*#%(*$&!!!!

• UGH! I'm angry for you!

AHHH! What a bunch of liars!! 

• (hugs)  :( 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh wow!  Not hoping that your baby was actually in distress, but maybe it's an error or lazy reporting?

I know my operative report had a huge error.  It said I was induced for 3 days and failed which resulted in c/s.  In actuality I was induced for 3 days, then WENT HOME for 2 days and came back after going into labor on MY OWN. 

DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow, I am angry for you.  Does it say anything about your baby's condition at birth or Apgars?  Did you get your fetal monitor strips?

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagechicsub:

Oh wow!  Not hoping that your baby was actually in distress, but maybe it's an error or lazy reporting?

This.

My operative report said I was induced at 41 weeks, which is completely incorrect.  Hello people, it was 42 weeks.  There was no way I would have let them induce at 41.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No fetal monitoring strips.  Apgars were 8 & 9.  I would like to see the notes from the hospital itself when I was in labor, but now I'm afraid.  I'd almost rather have not known and live in ignorance about it.  It took 2 months just to get these records, after the office claimed to have not gotten my first request, which I dropped off by hand.  To say I'm unhappy is an understatement.
  • I'm sorry. I used to work in litigation w/ medical malpractice cases and inconsistencies in medical reports were common. If the baby was in fetal distress, they might not have written it down because they didn't have the time. I would like to think they would put that in afterwards, but you never know.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The exact same thing happened to me!  I am getting the ones from the hospital because my doc office wants them I am curious to see if it is in there.
  • I'm so sorry, that must have been a shock! I hope that what marge said is right, and that they didn't just outright lie to you. ((hugs))
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • nice that they didn't even have the balls to tell you the truth. I'd send them some hate mail.
    The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"