North Dakota Babies
Options

omg! f/u on wine/friend

she left a msg on saturday to see if i wanted to go shopping with her and tried to call my cell today when i was on my way home from work...

so just got a msg on FB:  

"okay so you're either ignoring me on purpose because you still have your panties in a bunch about saturday or you've actually been too busy to pick up the phone when i've called or to return my calls. if it's the latter, fine. if it's the first, why don't you just call me when you've decided not to be pissed anymore. i don't want to keep calling you if you're not gonna answer because you're busy being pissed." 

Re: omg! f/u on wine/friend

• Options
    Wow, what a peach...
    Anniversary
  • Options
    wow!  wtf?!?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow.  She is lame. 
  • Options
    I don't even know how to respond.  I already cancelled on going to Bunco on Thursday b/c I don't want to have to deal with her.  We've been friends for a really long time.
  • Options
    She sounds like drama. wtf.
  • Options
    She does sound like drama. BUT, is she someone you really don't want to be friends with anymore?  (Just asking.)
    Katy and Brett ~ Runaway Bay, Jamaica ~ October 4, 2008

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    Wow...I wouldn't know how to respond either!  Has she always been like this?  Do you think this is something you want to end your friendship over? 
  • Options
    wow! Wendy, she is quite the ***. Tell her you are too busy picking the panties out of your ass that you don't have time for friends like her.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

Honestly, she's been one of my best friends since we were freshmen in high school.  I am still super pissed about Friday though.  I mean, one glass of wine WITH dinner???  She was totally acting like I had been boozing it up.

shortly before we left the winery: 

her: "it's getting cold out here"

me: "you're cold?"

her: "I haven't had three glasses of wine"

• Options
    You have been friends since freshman year?  Did her attitude come out of nowhere?  I was under the impression that this was another mom from your mom's group.  While it is very annoying, you may want to cool off before deciding to write her off.  It is a pretty long friendship to drop over some wine/driving/parking lot fiasco.
  • Options
    I'm curious, does she drink?
  • Options

imageAshleysred:
    You have been friends since freshman year?  Did her attitude come out of nowhere?  I was under the impression that this was another mom from your mom's group.  While it is very annoying, you may want to cool off before deciding to write her off.  It is a pretty long friendship to drop over some wine/driving/parking lot fiasco.

This.

While I agree she COMPLETELY over reacted, you may want to think about it before ending the friendship...since you've been friends for so long.  She's being really stupid though.

Katy and Brett ~ Runaway Bay, Jamaica ~ October 4, 2008

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    so how can i respond and tell her how i think she was totally overreacting and not come off as a total b*?  Ugh.  she obviously doesn't think she was wrong at all.
  • Options

imageWendells:
    so how can i respond and tell her how i think she was totally overreacting and not come off as a total b*?  Ugh.  she obviously doesn't think she was wrong at all.

If she doesn't think she was wrong at all then you're going to sound like a b*tch no matter what. Sorry, but I honestly think that's the truth. I think you should be honest with her. Tell her you didn't/don't appreciate how she treated you, you know how much you can handle. You had the equivalent of 1 glass of wine with food, and in your opinion she grossly overreacted & made you feel bad/embarrassed in the process. Something like this will eat away at the friendship if you can't be honest with her, trust me. Obviously this isn't a friendship you want to lose over something like this, but she has to know how she made you feel & that's it's not ok.

Good luck!

• Options
    imagesarlah:

imageWendells:

If she doesn't think she was wrong at all then you're going to sound like a b*tch no matter what. Sorry, but I honestly think that's the truth. I think you should be honest with her. Tell her you didn't/don't appreciate how she treated you, you know how much you can handle. You had the equivalent of 1 glass of wine with food, and in your opinion she grossly overreacted & made you feel bad/embarrassed in the process. Something like this will eat away at the friendship if you can't be honest with her, trust me. Obviously this isn't a friendship you want to lose over something like this, but she has to know how she made you feel & that's it's not ok.

Good luck!

thanks Sarah, this helps! 

• Options

imageFutureMrs.McC:

She does drink....and to get drunk.  

She drove herself home from a holiday (WORK) party a couple years ago completely wasted.  So much so that she pulled over on the freeway in the pouring rain to go to the bathroom and ending up pissing herself because she couldn't get her pants down... although, after doing that she managed to get them off and then find a 'too small to wrap around herself' towel in her car as she walked around to the drivers side with no pants on.

• Options
    imageWendells:

imageFutureMrs.McC:

She does drink....and to get drunk.  

She drove herself home from a holiday (WORK) party a couple years ago completely wasted.  So much so that she pulled over on the freeway in the pouring rain to go to the bathroom and ending up pissing herself because she couldn't get her pants down... although, after doing that she managed to get them off and then find a 'too small to wrap around herself' towel in her car as she walked around to the drivers side with no pants on.

Lmao! Ok, I think you should remain friends just for stories like this. Seriously though, I was just asking because I thought maybe she didn't understand what effect 3 tastings of wine would have. I think Sarah's advice was pretty spot on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"