VBAC
Options

good news at appointment today

Today I found out that 41 weeks will not necessarily be a strict cut-off date for me, thank goodness.  My midwife if ok with letting me go past this date (which would be the 23rd) and waiting until after Christmas to approach induction options.  My "plan" is to not even have to cross that bridge, but I am incredibly relieved to know that I will not be "forced" to be induced at 41. She has not done a foley induction before, but said that she would do this for me if my cervix has still not opened.  The other option is to just start pitocin, which I think we all know could be a recipe for disaster on a closed cervix.  This may seem like a small feat, but it made me feel so much less stress about going into labor.  In other news she did say that my cervix is soft, the head is in a good position and it feels that there is plenty of room in that area.  I don't know how they can even tell, but she said there should not be a problem with the baby being able to fit through.  Her guess was also that this child is not near the 9 lb.10oz. mark of my first.  All-in-all I am just feeling great and wanted to share my experience today.  I am really looking forward to sharing a successful VBAC story!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: good news at appointment today

• Options
    That all sounds fabulous - I totally understand your relief.  Whenever I have good appointments like that where I find out something encouraging about my provider, I feel the same!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That's great news!  GL!

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Glad to hear!   Good Luck, and I look forward to reading your story.
  • Options
    Isn't it awfull that we should be excited about this! Don't get me wrong,.. that is great news! I just find it frustrating that we should have to "be allowed to go past dates" I wish it was the normal that practitioners allowed babies to come when they are ready. You know what I mean?
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"