Health & Exercise
Options

swimming

I have done some triathlons, but consider myself mainly a runner- preprego I am usually at 25-30 miles per week.  I ran for a while but have found swimming to be better for me.  I swim 50 minutes 4 times a week and am doing this to stay in shape and so that post prego it will be easier to get back into to it.  Anyone have any further suggestions?  By the way, motivation is getting really hard ( I am at 29 1/2 weeks) and the thought of getting into the pool daily makes me nauseated, but I am still pushing through :)

Re: swimming

• Options

I'm not at the same fitness level as you, but I swim once a week for 30-40 minutes and really enjoy it. I'm also continuing my weight lifting (not quite as hardcore as pre-pg, but still challenging), taking a yoga class (not prenatal, but adapting as necessary), and riding the stationary bike at the gym.

If you're not super into swimming, why not sub in some spinning or elliptical?

• Options
    I swam in both my pg's.  It was a good cross training for me.  I agree with pp, why don't you try elliptical or spinning.  I loved spinning and did that with both of my pg's as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"