Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

XP: Breast/weaning help

My 15 month old self weaned last wednesday. He was down to only one feeding per day, so I wasn't producing very much anyways. I didn't really get engorged, but I have a lump on each side that doesn't seem to be going away. I'm concerned it could develop in to a cyst or get infected. Is this normal? Other than the lumps (which seem to be in ducts on the underside of my breast) I don't think I'm producing anymore. The lumps are sensitive to touch but don't bother me that much.

Re: XP: Breast/weaning help

• Options
    Could they be clogged ducts? Try taking a hot shower and massaging them and see if that helps. I think I actually had a similar experience when Penny weaned (same age and gradually too) and it did go away on its own. I used hot compresses because I was worried it would become an infection but thankfully it just went away.
    Peru!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Sounds like clogged ducts to me.  I remember this happening when DS weaned as well.  I did a hot compress and then pumped them out.  Or you could try waiting it out as pp suggests.

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"You reach deeper until you can find the strength.  That's all life is, one big fight after another."

Angel babies: 9/19/07, 10/08/09, 1/05/11

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with the above advice, but also, I miss seeing your cute boys! Do you go to the MM board? I still never have, but I suspect all the old familiar names are there. I'm so unproductive as it is, I don't know if I should add another outlet for time-wasting!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageBride2bMO:
    I agree with the above advice, but also, I miss seeing your cute boys! Do you go to the MM board? I still never have, but I suspect all the old familiar names are there. I'm so unproductive as it is, I don't know if I should add another outlet for time-wasting!
  • Options

imageBride2bMO:

Aww, thanks :) Those cute little boys are keeping me busy! I used to go to MM but haven't been there in months. I spent too much time on the internet and not nearly enough time with the boys- and the reason I quit my job was to spend more time with them!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"