Parenting after 35
Options

Colds

DD has a bad cold, therefore she isn't sleeping well because she can't breath that great.  The only way she really sleeps is if I rock her and she's sitting upright.  I've tried the Vick's baby bath, and also have a vaporizer in her room.  I also use the Baby Vick's on her.  Aside from holding her all night, is there another safe way for her to be more upright??  DH wants to put her in the infant carrier to sleep, but she's almost 11 months and I don't think she'll want to sleep like that all night (even though she still fits in it).

Re: Colds

• Options

We propped a couple of books under one end of DD's crib mattress.  She wasn't upright, but she was a bit elevated.

DD1 is 3, DD2 is 1.
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with trying the carseat if she'll sleep in it.  You could also prop her up on pillows in bed between the two of you.  Running the shower before bed and using the snot sucker helps too, and Tylenol or Motrin might help her sleep better if she has a sore throat or body aches. Good luck, colds suck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our pedi has also suggested warm clear liquids - lemonaide, pedialyte, water, gatorade - it's supposed to help thin the snot Ick! Apparently a lot of kids don't like the premixed pedialyte, and it has to be realitively quickly, but Ellie will suck down the apple and fruit punch flavors in the packets.  We haven't had much luck raising one side of the bed as she moves around too much, so when's she's been realy congested, I've taken couch duty with her. 
  • Options

Nose monster before bed, running a hot shower with her in the bathroom, maybe the car seat thing?

Good luck! 

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"