July 2011 Moms

Implantation side could help determine baby's sex.

https://www.obgyn.net/ultrasound/ultrasound.asp?page=%2Ffm%2Farticles%2Ffetal_gender_placental_location

I just skimmed this study, but apparently if the baby implants on the right side of your uterus you're about 97% likely to have a boy. If it implants on the left side, you're 97% more likely to have a girl. 

Any 2nd time mom's have u/s pictures we can look at and see how true this is for our group?

We're not finding out the sex... so I'm going to have as much fun guessing as I can Smile

Re: Implantation side could help determine baby's sex.

• This may be a dumb question, but oh well! Is the right/left side of the u/s picture also the right/left side of your uterus or is it inversed?  In my mind it would be inversed, but pregnancy brain has begun to get the best of me so who knows...
  • I felt DS on the left side when I could start feeling his movements. Maybe we were in the 3% percent. I'm going to look at the pictures for him and the LO I'm carrying now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • How can you tell which side it's implanted on?  U/S pic is attached...

PGAL/PAL welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Trying to start our family since 2010
    BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
    BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
  • From my 7wk u/s it looks like it's in the middle. Oh man, am I having a hermaphrodite? j/k
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelavril:
    How can you tell which side it's implanted on?  U/S pic is attached...

left side of baby is nestled against a wall... so left? 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic baby development
    SURPRISE! Here comes #3! 
  • This is so interesting! Thanks for sharing! I had to email it to family and friends. EVERYONE is saying I'm having a girl. I hope for one, but a boy would be just a blessing as well. From my 6 wk u/s, SHE is on my left side. We'll see! I'm interested in how accurate this theory really is! At first I thought... bs... it's the sperm that decides. But who knows!

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Thats really interesting.... I was just talking to two friends over the wkd, one preg, one with a 2month old.  They asked if I knew which side I implanted, I said I didn't know, but for whatever reason I favor my left side (holding, more crampier than the right, etc)... the preg friend said she implanted on the left and is having a girl.

Here is my u/s..... how do you know this is leftside?  just because it shows the sac on(what would be my left side on the screen) doesn't that have more to do with how the sonogram was positioned??

BFP#1 11.2.10 | EDD 7.9.11 | HB 7w2d & 8w4d | missed M/C 11w2d | D&E 12.21.10
    FSH at 14.5 - 4.21.11 | CCCT - (CD3 8.8,CD10 12.2)| dx w/ DOR @ 28 yrs old
    IUI#1 + clomid 8.29.11 (our anniversary)
    BFP#2 9.10.11 | EDD 5.21.12 | beta 1 @ 14dpi:232 | beta 2 @17dpi:703 | beta 3 @24dpi:7,174
    Baby A HB of 142(7w), 161(8w), 164(9w) | Baby B no HB, Vanishing Twin
  • imageaesf:

imagelavril:
    How can you tell which side it's implanted on?  U/S pic is attached...

left side of baby is nestled against a wall... so left? 

Ooh, yeah I could see that. Thanks.

I wonder if we can really go by the baby's right or left though b/c it could be flipped around a bunch of different ways.  The doc said mine was facing up, so it would be my left side too I think.  Man this is complicated, haha.

PGAL/PAL welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Trying to start our family since 2010
    BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
    BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
  • I dont have time to read it right now, but my Dr told me nothing determines sex but the sperm, positions & timing can help decide what sperm are still around when it comes to ovulation but even then theres still no way to be certain.

Implantation occurs wherever the egg happens to fall, theres no real science to it but I was under the understanding that implantation tended to be on the side you ovulated from.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That is crazy! Thanks for sharing!
    Isaac Levi 4/26/09 : BFP#2 - MC 9w : Ezra John 6/26/11 : Miriam Joy 4/12/13 : Naomi Ann 9/2/14

• I'm going at 4pm for an appt and hopefully an u/s. I'll ask the dr which side baby is on.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thanks for this, my google searches left me clueless Smile. I'm thinking baby is on the left, but I still feel like we're having a boy haha
  • Your u/s pic is the opposite of mine and I am POSITIVE that the baby implanted on my right side.  when my pic is up it is on the opposite side of the screen. : )  I have also favored my right side this whole time.  More weird pains and feelings on the right side.  My husband is DYING for a baby boy, so hopefully this study is accurate for us :)

Also, I do feel that there is credit to this study.  The Ob/gyn that did my last ultrasound showed that the egg came from my left ovary but implanted on the right side of my uterus.  You would think if implantation was based on chance, that the baby would have implanted on my left side since the egg came from the left side.  I find the article interesting. i go at the end of the month to find out what I am having.  I have felt girl the whole time I've been pregnant, but according to the implantation guide, I'll be having a boy. : ) It'll be neat to see which is right, my intuition or a "scientific study".

• I have asked over 50 moms on another site and most have proved this wrong. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"