North Dakota Babies
Options

Poll (non clicky) - How much is too much.....

wine to drink (with dinner) before you shouldn't be driving?

Re: Poll (non clicky) - How much is too much.....

• Options
    Well, if you're talking with dinner...so let's say an hour/hour and half I would say 2 glasses.  That's me anyway, I get tipsy pretty easily :)
  • Options
    Well, technically probably none.  Otherwise I would say it depends on the person.  Maybe no more than 2ish.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Well, for me personally I would say 1, unless they're really small glasses or something and then 2, but if I haven't eaten before I start drinking I can get pretty tipsy even if I eat while drinking.

For my H I would say 2-3, he's a big guy and handles it a lot better then me.

• Options
    I would say no more than 2.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Depends on how long dinner is.  The average person can properly process one drink an hour.  Combine that with eating, I'd say no more then 2 decent sized glasses.  But it also depends on how long you're waiting after dinner before you drive etc...
  • Options
    I'm a bad driver to begin with so for me, I'll only have one glass of wine if I'm driving.  Although I agree with everyone else that 2 should probably be the limit.
  • Options
    I would say no more than two.  I probably wouldn't have more than one because I am cheap and I don't like to pay for wine by the glass.
  • Options
    I'm a lightweight so my limit is 1. I rarely drink and even after just 1 glass I'm buzzed. I would only have a 2nd if I wasn't driving. Although, I had quite a few at a friend's wedding and was surprisingly okay. There's no way I would have driven, but I was still able to walk straight and hold a conversation. DH and I differ on the number of glasses I actually had. My count was 6, he says it was much moreEmbarrassed.
    ~Sarah & Jason~June 12th, 2009~Siesta Key, FL~
    Planning Bio Married Bio *Work In Progress*
    Formerly Knottie Soon2beMrs.G_09
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I have no clue, but I just had to tell you how much I love your siggy pic...you can tell Gavin took to Santa real well lmao
  • Options
    Funny you should ask- I did this last night... I was only able to have one with dinner before driving home. We were there 2.5 hours & I ate pasta. I'm a lightweight!
  • Options
    For me I say 1-1 1/2.  I am a lightweight
  • Options

ok, just wanted some different opinions...took a friend along to a mom's group "wine & tapas" gtg.  I had a bacon/cheese/sundried tomato panini and a flight of 3 tastings....2 oz each, so 6 oz total....not like I had 3 glasses!

she refused to ride home with me if I was driving and we got in a huge fight. 

• Options
    imageWendells:

ok, just wanted some different opinions...took a friend along to a mom's group "wine & tapas" gtg.  I had a bacon/cheese/sundried tomato panini and a flight of 3 tastings....2 oz each, so 6 oz total....not like I had 3 glasses!

that's ridiculous!  You basically had one glass of wine and she was acting like you boozed it up!  I wouldn't have even felt the effects of those drinks.  Ridiculous!

• Options
    imagenatalee215:
    imageWendells:

that's ridiculous!  You basically had one glass of wine and she was acting like you boozed it up!  I wouldn't have even felt the effects of those drinks.  Ridiculous!

Exactly!  I was so heated last night.  I came home and vented to poor Lib for like an hour!   

• Options
    imageWendells:

I agree- totally acceptable. Sounds like my Friday night gal pal drama. How did she get home?
  • Options
    imagetrevess:
    imageWendells:

I agree- totally acceptable. Sounds like my Friday night gal pal drama. How did she get home?

I ended up letting her drive my car...i was SUPER pissed and I really didn't feel like waiting around there until she found a ride and wasn't going to leave her there in the middle of nowhere. 

I'm pretty sure that she's going to try to make me look like a total lush and tell people I had three glasses of wine.  Not too long before we left she said it was getting cold, and i said "you're cold?" and she said "well I haven't had three glasses of wine".  *** 

• Options

Wendy, she was being catty and just plain ridiculous! A flight of wine is by no means enough wine to get drunk or even tipsy. And you are welcome to vent to me anytime. I wish we lived closer, I would have taken you out for another glass of wine. LOL! 

• Options

imagenatalee215:
    I'm a bad driver to begin with so for me, I'll only have one glass of wine if I'm driving.  

Nat me too!  I hate driving, especially at night.  I only drive maybe once or twice a week.  

• Options
    imagelibertadw:

Wendy, she was being catty and just plain ridiculous! A flight of wine is by no means enough wine to get drunk or even tipsy. 

This!  I'm sorry you had a rough Friday night with your friend, Wendy.   

• Options

Tastings are just that.  To taste the wine.  Ugh, uber ***.

But I am going with she just wanted to drive your hot car.  She's lame.  Clearly, you won't be hanging out with her anymore...

• Options
    imageWendells:

LAME! 

• Options
    imageWendells:

I'm nosey, but what kind of car do you drive? My first thought was this gal just wants to drive the car and is using this as an excuse. 

With food over a two hour period, I can very safely drive after 3 glasses of wine. Not that I ever have or even ever would, but there is a story behind this.

I rarely drink and drive because, duh, I live in Manhattan. There is no need. But my cousin is a police officer, and I was curious about my tolerance. At a family dinner party a few years ago, we conducted a pseudo experiment. I ate a normal dinner and drank 3 glasses of wine in 2 hrs. Then he gave me a field sobriety test and I got to blow into the breathalyzer. Pretty close to stone sober. 

I vote your friend wanted to drive the Wendell mobile. 

From Oy Vey to Ole!

I survived the RoLex wedding and all I got was this lousy husband.
    One&Only Palmilla - Los Cabos, Mexico
  • Options
    imageChooGirl:
    imageWendells:

I'm nosey, but what kind of car do you drive? My first thought was this gal just wants to drive the car and is using this as an excuse. 

With food over a two hour period, I can very safely drive after 3 glasses of wine. Not that I ever have or even ever would, but there is a story behind this.

I rarely drink and drive because, duh, I live in Manhattan. There is no need. But my cousin is a police officer, and I was curious about my tolerance. At a family dinner party a few years ago, we conducted a pseudo experiment. I ate a normal dinner and drank 3 glasses of wine in 2 hrs. Then he gave me a field sobriety test and I got to blow into the breathalyzer. Pretty close to stone sober. 

It's nice, but nothing sporty!  It's a 2009 Acura MDX....  

Followup - I just got a voicemail from her on my cell phone "It's me.  I was just about to head out and go to the mall and a couple other stores and wanted to see if you wanted to come.  give me a call" 

• Options
    imageWendells:
    imageChooGirl:
    imageWendells:

Followup - I just got a voicemail from her on my cell phone "It's me.  I was just about to head out and go to the mall and a couple other stores and wanted to see if you wanted to come.  give me a call" 

You should tell her that you'd love to, but you're too drunk!

• Options
    imagenatalee215:
    imageWendells:
    imageChooGirl:
    imageWendells:

lol Natalee!

• Options
    imagenatalee215:
    imageWendells:
    imageChooGirl:
    imageWendells:

ha!  or way too hungover! 

• Options
    If it was just the two of you I'd say one or two is fine. If the kids were with (which it doesn't sound like they were) then I don't think any is acceptable.
    ~Kimberly & Eric~ April 21, 2008 ~Tensing Pen ~ Negril, Jamaica ~ My Blog: One Sunset at a Time
  • Options
    Yet another point of view- we buried my brother in 1999 after he was killed by a drunk drive. I made my Mom a promise that day that I would never drink and drive- not even 1 drink.  If we go out to dinner at a restaurant where we can't just stick around for a few hours afterward I'll make sure either I don't drink or someone else doesn't who can drive.  So for me my answer is 0.  But, also for me, that's probably true because I am an extreme lightweight.  My roommate used to joke that I could get drunk by just holding a drink in my hand.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"