Parenting after 35
Options

Well, should hit that deductible quickly...

DS just got a cold, which is no biggie.  Fever off and on, more clingy and fussy, slight cough, restless sleep and copious clear snot.  What worries me though is his left ear keeps turning red, which has me wondering if his tube is blocked (no discharge to indicate infection).  So off to the pedi we go again.

And DD really hit the jackpot.  Tonsillectomy on Jan. 3rd.  And because of her age, they will admit her and keep her overnight for observation.  Took me a few days to calm down about that (I will sleep at the hospital with her).  Not looking forward to it but it has to be done.  On a scale of 1-4, 4 being the tonsils are touching, she has one that is 3+ and one that is 4+!  Yes, it actually pushes the uvula to one side a bit.  And they actually grew while we were trying to fix it medically.  So they definitely need to come out. 

If I ever have a 3rd, I'm going to have tubes, an adenoidectomy and tonsillectomy done at birth.   

DD -- 5YO
DS -- 3YO

Re: Well, should hit that deductible quickly...

• Options
    Just remember, better that they come out now than when she is older. I had mine out three years ago and trust me when I say that giving birth naturally was *much* easier!
  • Options
    Oh gosh when it rains it pours.  I agree that earlier is better but still, I would stay in the hospital as well.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

That's a lot to deal with. I'm sorry Pesky.

But the tubes/adnoid/tonsil business isn't that bad. I was 9 when I had it done and the worst thing about it was getting a muscle relaxer shot in my butt so that I'd be calm enough to leave my mom. Worked like a charm :)

• Options
    My oldest had her tonsils&adenoids removed at the age of 5, and after that she was fine and didn't get sick as much. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Bummer!  After reading all the pp on how the kids seem to not get sick as much, I wonder if I can call our pedi and sign DD up - especially since she's been sick for the past month.

GL - they should be perfectly prepared for you to stay overnight, I can't imagine many moms who wouldn't!

• Options

Sorry you have to deal with all that, Pesky.  I hope Miss Priss recovers quickly from her surgery.

My friend's 5-year-old daughter just had her tonsils out (after Thanksgiving) and she's doing quite well now. This was after years of strept and other tonsil issues. But she was same day surgery. I can understand being apprehensive about an overnight stay.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options

imagekimisuejoia:
    Just remember, better that they come out now than when she is older. I had mine out three years ago and trust me when I say that giving birth naturally was *much* easier!

This is so true. My mom has her tonsils out as an adult and her recovery took forever. She said it was worse than having her knee replaced.

Hope your LOs are on the mend soon. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh wow!! Your poor DD. I hope you all feel better soon!
    click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Poor kiddos - I hope they both get better soon.  I've never had my tonsils out and didn't know they could grow more!  I would so stay at the hospital with her.  I know she will be fine - and hopefully that will be the start of a healthy new year for you all!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"